• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Wife says I need a shrink, too many Vetter radio thingies.

Cycle-Sound-Paradise.jpg
Cycle-Sound-Paradise-2.jpg

roncar

Yes, of course you do. ;)

But wasn't VOGS determined to have no treatment nor cure?:p

Besides, you just bought a new home for one of them.:bliss

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
What are you looking for? Older with the smaller speakers or the newer with larger speakers? Vetter Sound, Cycle Sound?
I'm not really concerned with speaker size. Just one I could modify for a DIN Radio cage and use a modern radio in it. I have a Windjammer 4 so it would need to fit that fairing as well. The one with the smaller speakers might be best for me as I can remove the 3" speakers I already have and mount them in the housing. You can see my speakers just below the mirrors. My Bike is a 2006 Honda VLX 600 so I don't want a vintage radio and speakers in it.
S5030084.jpg

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I have this one that has already been cut, the faceplate may cover the overcut on the right.

Do you need speaker grills?

Cycle-Sound-Cut-Din-04.JPG
Cycle-Sound-Cut-Din-03.JPG
Cycle-Sound-Cut-Din-02.JPG
Cycle-Sound-Cut-Din-01.JPG

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
That one looks like it would be nice. I would need to figure out where to put my Satellite Radio and GPS Unit. I would also be forced to move my mirrors back to the handlebars as my fairing mounted mirror mounts would be in the way of the Cycle Sound housing. I guess the big question is how much for it and shipping?
Here's my current setup.
S5030086.jpg

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Since its already cut up ill give it to you for 20 bucks plus whatever it costs to ship. I am guessing shipping will be 1ish dollars. It has a nice clean emblem too, those are harder to come by.

Are you gonna try to leave the speakers in their cases? That has a lot to do with the sound you get out of them.

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Since its already cut up ill give it to you for 20 bucks plus whatever it costs to ship. I am guessing shipping will be 1ish dollars. It has a nice clean emblem too, those are harder to come by.

Are you gonna try to leave the speakers in their cases? That has a lot to do with the sound you get out of them.
That sounds about right. Go ahead and box it and find out what the shipping cost will be. I'll send you a Money Order for it.

I don't think that over cut will be a problem even if it shows past the radio bezel. I can make the gasket a little larger so it covers it. I'm pretty good at fabricating and fixing stuff. I made that left side locking Tonneau cover that's also a mount for the CB Radio. When or if there's a good chance of rain I remove it and lock it up in the left side pocket.

Last edited:

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
That sounds about right. Go ahead and box it and find out what the shipping cost will be. I'll send you a Money Order for it.
You can e-mail me those details at n4zou (at) Yahoo (dot) com.

I don't think that over cut will be a problem even if it shows past the radio bezel. I can make the gasket a little larger so it covers it.
Sounds good, ill box er up tomorrow.

Larry Fine

Country flag
I would also be forced to move my mirrors back to the handlebars as my fairing mounted mirror mounts would be in the way of the Cycle Sound housing.
Unless you can flip the mirror mounts and attach them to the front-side of the fairing.

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Unless you can flip the mirror mounts and attach them to the front-side of the fairing.
No way to mount them on the front side. The top mount is a clip so there is no hole through the windscreen for a bolt. I may make a trim peace that would attach to the lower windscreen screws and attach mirrors to it like Honda did with the old GL500 Silverwing. I'll need new mirrors to do that. I actually don't mind moving the mirrors back to the handlebar. I do miss being able to move the handlebar one way or the other so I can use the mirrors to see behind before pulling out onto the road. As it is now I must twist my head around to do that. I'd been thinking about moving them except I needed the mounts for the speakers as well. Now that the speakers are going into a Cycle Sound that's no longer an issue.
HondaGL500_05.jpg

Larry Fine

Country flag
I do miss being able to move the handlebar one way or the other so I can use the mirrors to see behind before pulling out onto the road.
I understand that sentiment. After mounting my W5, it took me quite a while to realize that, no matter how many times I twist the handlebars, the headlight is just not going to swivel with them anymore. :p

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Do you need a shrink... Remember that there really is no dark side of the moon. As a matter of fact, it is all dark!

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
No way to mount them on the front side. The top mount is a clip so there is no hole through the windscreen for a bolt. I may make a trim peace that would attach to the lower windscreen screws and attach mirrors to it like Honda did with the old GL500 Silverwing. I'll need new mirrors to do that. I actually don't mind moving the mirrors back to the handlebar. I do miss being able to move the handlebar one way or the other so I can use the mirrors to see behind before pulling out onto the road. As it is now I must twist my head around to do that. I'd been thinking about moving them except I needed the mounts for the speakers as well. Now that the speakers are going into a Cycle Sound that's no longer an issue.
HondaGL500_05.jpg

Find a pair of 1100 Goldwing mirrors on throw them out front.

237-1401321580-1f2b23a38750671f39aec9b25c7488b6.jpg

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Find a pair of 1100 Goldwing mirrors on throw them out front.

237-1401321580-1f2b23a38750671f39aec9b25c7488b6.jpg
Yep! I have a band saw I can use to make a copy of that trim peace the mirrors mount on. I'd use aluminium and paint it black so it blends in. I think I'd go with black mirrors as well.