BMW by Vetter

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Judging by the Vetter logo, I suspect that may have been a product made after Craig sold the company. I have never seen one of those before.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I went ahead and saved the images for this fairing. German Vetter BMW Motorcycle Fairing.

BMW-Vetter-Fairing-German-01.png
BMW-Vetter-Fairing-German-02.png
BMW-Vetter-Fairing-German-03.png
BMW-Vetter-Fairing-German-04.png
BMW-Vetter-Fairing-German-05.png
BMW-Vetter-Fairing-German-06.png

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Anybody seen a fairing like this?

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...vetter-fuer-typ-248-r45-r65/694823158-306-925

I've never seen this before. Can anybody tell me something about?

Dieter
The more I look at this fairing is the more I see a Quicksilver with an interesting overlay. I would love to know more about this one. I wonder if it ever hit production or was it a one off prototype that never went anywhere. As said it was post Craig, the date on the paper says 84. Right around the time the Vetter company cratered. This may have been in the works.

dieter

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I've sent a mail to the seller asking for more information. Maybe he can tell us more about that.

Dieter

turbodog

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I like it. If I could have my 9 inch round XV920 headlight with the Quicksilver fairing, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Hmmm, I've been doing some custom fiberglass bodywork lately - maybe I should try it.

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
It would be a cool addition to a quicksilver, maybe make some molds if you move forward on this. I'd buy one from you.

I remember reading an interview with Craig where he touched just briefly on some ideas he would have proceeded with IF...
I remember something about lowers for Quicksilver that might have been along the lines of the Mystery Ship theme.