Which Windjammer is this...about to scoop it up.

snappster

Grasshopper
Country flag
$50 is the asking price but there is a 12 hour drive to get it. Which Windjammer is it and does anyone know the approximate width dimension where the gas tank fits in? Thx.
1666129621341.png
1666129648611.png
1666129669321.png
1666129688014.png

Manny27

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Hi
I think its the windjammer 4 ( Vindicator 2 ), i have one just the same as yours. I still haven't mounted the fairing on my Suzuki GS850 1979.
This is my Windjammer 4 on the photo that i attached.

Attachments

• IMG-20220423-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20220423-WA0006.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

snappster

Grasshopper
Country flag
But now I found a guy an hour away that has a nice WD SS for a bit more but that looks like the one now. I believe I have seen enough pix and read enough around here to make a go of it even if major surgery is required to fit my bike. By the time I ride to the Black Hills again, I expect a wholly different experience with this puppy breaking the wind for me.

1666312727208.png

Manny27

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
But now I found a guy an hour away that has a nice WD SS for a bit more but that looks like the one now. I believe I have seen enough pix and read enough around here to make a go of it even if major surgery is required to fit my bike. By the time I ride to the Black Hills again, I expect a wholly different experience with this puppy breaking the wind for me.

View attachment 4983
The SS fairing is similar to the 4. I would go for the black one looks better and has the mounting bracket, and has the Vetter snap vents on the windshield. Also depends on the color of the bike as well.

Last edited:

KGBnut

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
The WJ4 and the SS are nearly identical. I've looked at both and have never been able to find the difference if there is one.

What bike are you planning on mounting it on?

Ken

snappster

Grasshopper
Country flag
The WJ4 and the SS are nearly identical. I've looked at both and have never been able to find the difference if there is one.

What bike are you planning on mounting it on?

Ken
I want to put a WJ on my 2019 Triumph Speed Twin. I just got home after a bit of a drive bringing home two WJ fairings, top box, bags, and eight track radio, with all brackets. Not sure how to make this work because my fuel tank is probably too wide. Either the WJ must be trimmed to fit the tank or the tank thinned to fit the fairing. Wonder which would be best method.
1667184133372.png

KGBnut

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I don't weld, so for me it would be easier to modify the fairing. How much are we talking? Just a few millimeters or much more?

On both of my bikes, the fairing fits just under the front of the tank, so there is no interference. I will try to remember to take pictures when I get home.

Where are you? I am in southern Connecticut.

Ken

snappster

Grasshopper
Country flag
Can anyone give me a sense of whether the top box placement is ok? I will go back through other bike photos but I believe this will work. I had the wife sit and then I sat with her and it seemed OK but I am unsure if I should move it rearward a few inches so she and I have more room. I suppose a few rides will tell me what I need to know. I simply unbolted the box from the Vetter brackets and am figuring out how to attach it to my rack. Started with what I thought would be the easiest part, the box. Sure is big in person. U-bolts secure the front, wood 2x4 spacer is
mocking up the back temporarily until I decide how to deal with it.
1667601917892.png

snappster

Grasshopper
Country flag
Rode to the beach for a short ride. Helmet fit inside at destination. First mounting idea is cheap and easy: u-bolts, pcv pipe, tees, and zip ties. Will probably use something better than zip ties and paint the white pvc black. That large box seems to reduce the wind pressure I feel. Look forward to getting the whole enchilada mounted up and doing some long rides.
1667700884629.png

snappster

Grasshopper
Country flag
I thought copper would look better and also eliminated one of the three tee brackets. I believe next I may remove the long hose clamps, sweat the copper pieces together, and use two small hose clamps on each tee.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 88

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Looks good, does it affect bike stability at all? How about mileage?
I've become curious about mounting a WJ on my '20 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.

limpy45

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
i thought the WJ IV had a more squared off bottom where the lowers fit. I had one and bought lowers thinking they would just fasten on. Well, after a couple hours with a heat gun they fit. The lowers were off a WJ IV from what I could find back then.