Vetter boxes for Z1000ST

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
Just purchased at great expense these pair of NOS saddlebag lids from eBay US, not quite the right colour to match the trunk but better than the plain black ones currently fitted. I think the "Kawasaki by Vetter" badges are in keeping with fitting to my Z1000ST.
More pictures when they arrive later this month (UK customs permitting!) and I get them fitted

New lids.jpg

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
OK, so now I really have to stop!
Just bought these from eBay US with a "best offer", still a big expense but nowhere near as much as the guy had them up for originally which was $199.99 but don't know when you will see another set of NOS Texas Trim still in the plastic packing!
Once again more pictures when everything is delivered and fitted and the bags are finally complete!

bars.jpg

rob.lafady

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
OK, so now I really have to stop!
Just bought these from eBay US with a "best offer", still a big expense but nowhere near as much as the guy had them up for originally which was $199.99 but don't know when you will see another set of NOS Texas Trim still in the plastic packing!
Once again more pictures when everything is delivered and fitted and the bags are finally complete!

View attachment 1302
I saw those but thought the price was outrageous, glad you could talk the guy down!

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
New lids and Texas Trim now fitted to boxes, only minor thing is Texas Trim that I purchased is gold not chrome so it matches gold striping on lids but not trim on trunk, does not worry me too much and I guess the chances of getting a set of good condition gold trunk trim are nill.
Red paint colour match on the Kawasaki lids is very good considering the trunk was custom sprayed for a BMW before I purchased it and the lids were brought from the US from a eBay photo.

New lids and trim.JPG

Last edited:

roncar

...Texas Trim that I purchased is gold not chrome so it matches gold striping on lids but not trim on trunk, does not worry me too much and I guess the chances of getting a set of good condition gold trunk trim are nill...
I didn't even know gold was an option, (the pic looked like chrome to me) so I agree. Finding gold trunk Texas Trim, especially in good to perfect condition, will be a challenge.

With much deeper pockets than mine, I'm sure someone could re-plate some trunk Texas Trim in gold?

Actual gold may be cheaper though!

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
Yes the picture looked like chrome but no worries, I wonder if the gold trim was actually a option for the Kawasaki by Vetter stuff?