Took a few pics

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
You can see my bike in the reflection on the window just to the right of the sticker,that is if you don't have a heart attack at the price:)

12138375_10206703094953581_6136183298422361497_o.jpg
Haha, all I saw was the 91k price tag! Nice hidden Vetter!

Dave Ireland

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Hey Steppen, you love trains. Did you know I live 15 minutes from a pretty famous train loop. Its called the Tehachapi Loop. Its super cool to watch the trains there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehachapi_Loop
I've been watching Hell on Wheels lately, and although I know it's fiction based on real life events, it sparked an interest in the American railway system for me. European railway builders had it relatively easy, I must say.

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I've been watching Hell on Wheels lately, and although I know it's fiction based on real life events, it sparked an interest in the American railway system for me. European railway builders had it relatively easy, I must say.

This is an old tape but is one of my favorites.When you go thru the Moffet Tunnel you are not allowed to go to another car because then the diesel fumes will get in.This is a beautiful route to ride and my favorite.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I just finished Hell on Wheels. There is the second part of the current season and they are cutting it off. Bummer, I really enjoy the series.

Cool train ride Steppen!

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I feel guilty about being here not being able to contribute to Vetter discussions.Last two years have not been my best.Couple of operations and one more to go..who has the whine..I have the cheese:chopper

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
There is plenty of cheese to go around. My self in a non medical way have been very busy. No free time for anything at all. Plus its cold! The Vetter chatter seems to ramp up more in the warmer months I notice. Right now its hard to even go into the garage to work on the bikes. 30 degree days don't motivate me.

Beekman

Learning the Ropes
Finally getting some season appropriate temps here in Ontario. This has been my latest riding season yet, got out on Dec.9th. Usually have my backyard hockey rink fully operational by then, haven't had any real snow until today. Weather network says it feels like -12 °C out (about 10°F I believe), time to do some garage work on the maxim.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Dave Ireland

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
It's been very mild and wet here for the past week. 13 and 14deg C in mid-December, because of SW winds bringing up sub-tropical air. I love it.
I'm just waiting for the sting in the tail end of winter.

Beekman

Learning the Ropes
Holy rolling couch! That thing looks seriously comfortable!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Dave Ireland

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
You know; I used to look askance at Goldies with all their touring kit on and wondered how anyone could get any enjoyment out of hustling one of them around. Funny how things change....
Nice score, and lovely bike.

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Dave,actually they are very nimble,my hard part is when I ride one I can't get used to the gearing.My bike is geared a little low and has tons of torque right from the get go.The Wing does at 60 about 1100 rpm which is my idle.
Well it is the beginning of a new riding season around here,seeing the HD's which are always out.
ill put bike on charger later today and see if it starts after about three years of not riding.Carbs will need to cleaned I am sure,saw a crack on the fairing where it bolts to the mount,yuppers a little loose,a nice washer should do nicely.
Tires are good still,no dry rot,always garaged.My skills will be lacking if I ever had any.
Did get a 42 year old dream fullfiled,after three or four years of looking I found just what I wanted..an '08 170 Roadtrek,kinda rare from a '79 year old couple.A pic or two.
001_1.jpg

015_1.jpg

016_1.jpg

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Dave,actually they are very nimble,my hard part is when I ride one I can't get used to the gearing.My bike is geared a little low and has tons of torque right from the get go.The Wing does at 60 about 1100 rpm which is my idle.
Well it is the beginning of a new riding season around here,seeing the HD's which are always out.
ill put bike on charger later today and see if it starts after about three years of not riding.Carbs will need to cleaned I am sure,saw a crack on the fairing where it bolts to the mount,yuppers a little loose,a nice washer should do nicely.
Tires are good still,no dry rot,always garaged.My skills will be lacking if I ever had any.
Did get a 42 year old dream fullfiled,after three or four years of looking I found just what I wanted..an '08 170 Roadtrek,kinda rare from a '79 year old couple.A pic or two.
001_1.jpg

015_1.jpg

016_1.jpg
012_1.jpg

009_1.jpg

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Comet bike night is going,Retired and Riding is going on so I hope to see some new old bikes and mine in the mix this year with my travels in the van.