Picking up some parts this Friday

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
The Quicksilver mount arrived yesterday, with it came the pair of round reflectors that screw onto the mount and a spare set of pocket covers in useable shape, I'll probably store the mint ones that came on my QS and use these if I mount the fairing up. The mount was removed from a CM400 and I'll eventually be putting it on a CB250 Nighthawk.

I'm collecting parts for that project now. So far I have a 78 CB400T front end that I plan to convert to tubeless Comstars with the left fork lower from a CX500 and the tubeless Comstars from an 81 CM400C 16 rear/ 18 front with a single disc front/ drum rear. I'll swap steering stems this time and bolt up with tapered rollers. Seat, tank and exhaust have not been nailed down yet.

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Awesome! Keep us posted Alan. Good luck!
As it turned out I was back to work in early June and all projects have been on hold, changed jobs again in late August and I'm just biding my time waiting for another lockdown situation so I can concentrate on my bikes.

I spotted a Cycle Sound enclosure in a forum post over on SOHC4, the fairing had been removed from a CB750A by a member in Nebraska. I talked with him today about the Cycle Sound, it seems he's not interested in the fairing and is willing to part with the C-S. They don't weigh much without radio and speakers do they? I'm thinking I can get it for shipping cost. Wish me luck.

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
No progress to report, work is slow and I've had plenty of time but motivation is difficult to muster. I've been nursing my lower back into some useful shape and have been making good progress so far, last week I got back out on some local trails for a 5km walk/jog, I'll try to get out again soon, it hurt but seems to have done me a world of good.

I've found a set of lowers from a member over at SOHC4, they're off a CB750F2 WJ3 bike, $50 for the pair plus shipping and they'll be heading my way.

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
I've found a set of lowers from a member over at SOHC4, they're off a CB750F2 WJ3 bike, $50 for the pair plus shipping and they'll be heading my way.

Shipping costs have gone out of control, but surprisingly enough this set of lowers shipped from Illinois to Massachusetts for only about $22 with USPS, unfortunately I'll need to go pick them up at the Post Office. Photos soon I hope, we all like photos!

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Lowers arrived yesterday, I thought they would be white like the fairing but they're silver, oh well. Serial is 13-35366 and the righty has some rash on the trim and some scratches, lefty looks pretty good. I paid less than the set I bought about 12 years ago too.IMG_20210402_085404.jpgIMG_20210402_085355.jpgIMG_20210402_085340.jpgIMG_20210402_085315.jpgIMG_20210402_085247.jpg