Parts list

HorrorGuy

Learning the Ropes
i am looking for an exploded diagram for the Terraplane.What was used as seals to keep water out of the interior of the sidecar ?

trikebldr

Learning the Ropes
Not sure what it's called, but around the openings around the mounting plates they used sheets of a black putty-like material. Also used this anywhere else there could be a leak. A better choice from today's technology would be the stuff 3M makes to seal body seams before the primer coat goes on. It's just pliable enough to survive small movements and paintable. I also don't remember what this stuff is called, either, but any good automotive paint supplier would know what I'm talking about.
Glad to hear another TP is getting a full frame-off restoration! We just LOVE pics! The more, the merrier!

HorrorGuy

Learning the Ropes
Thanks.i will take pictures .last night it was moving everthing around to get it in the garage.i figure i will get it together find a bike that fits its personality and take it up to Claude Stanley

trikebldr

Learning the Ropes
Thanks.i will take pictures .last night it was moving everthing around to get it in the garage.i figure i will get it together find a bike that fits its personality and take it up to Claude Stanley

Well, if you want a bike that looks like maybe they were made to mate together, look for a good Kawasaki Voyager 1300 sixer, like mine. The styling just seems to be along the same lines. They look so good together.

30.jpg

HorrorGuy

Learning the Ropes
heres the wheel and center cover .i just have to pick up the right washers and lugs for the wheel .

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 486
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 454

trikebldr

Learning the Ropes
What did you use for a center cap on the sidecar's wheel?
I bought a set of four universal three point spinners with five bolt adapters (outomotive bolt pattern). These spinners do thread on and off the adapters. They also have three little allen set screws to lock them in place on the adapters. However, those adapters would puch the spinner too far out, so I whittled up a very thin (3/8") aluminum adapter that bolts to my stock TP hub, then the spinner locks onto it using those three little allen set screws. I machined the adapter to make the spinner tighten against the hub face as you tighten the screws.
I think it adds just the right touch along with color matching my wheel to the bike's wheels. Also, I never liked having a plastic cap hanging out there in the air just waiting to be hit! If the spinner gets hit, I have three more ready to go.
If anybody is interested in this arrangement, I can spin up another adapter and provide a spinner. Or, I can also take some detailed pics and post for those who can do their own.

trikebldr

Learning the Ropes
20160206_215330.jpg
20160206_215355.jpg

These are close-ups of that wheel showing how far out the spinner protrudes. It's really only about 1/4" farther than the stock black plastic cap.

HorrorGuy

Learning the Ropes
found a seat from jegs for the Terraplane project .i sold my Brother in laws Goldwing so i have space to work again.i also found another Terraplane not far from me.in good shape on a bike with a bad title .

cfmckay

Grasshopper
Country flag
I bought a set of four universal three point spinners with five bolt adapters (outomotive bolt pattern). These spinners do thread on and off the adapters. They also have three little allen set screws to lock them in place on the adapters. However, those adapters would puch the spinner too far out, so I whittled up a very thin (3/8") aluminum adapter that bolts to my stock TP hub, then the spinner locks onto it using those three little allen set screws. I machined the adapter to make the spinner tighten against the hub face as you tighten the screws.
I think it adds just the right touch along with color matching my wheel to the bike's wheels. Also, I never liked having a plastic cap hanging out there in the air just waiting to be hit! If the spinner gets hit, I have three more ready to go.
If anybody is interested in this arrangement, I can spin up another adapter and provide a spinner. Or, I can also take some detailed pics and post for those who can do their own.

cfmckay

Grasshopper
Country flag
I am interested in your spinner mod. I have just completed a Terraplane restoration. Do you still have the spinners and adapters? Please let me know, if so how much? Thanks Craig

cfmckay

Grasshopper
Country flag