Took a few pics

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Or care... :D If I did that today at the age of 48, I'd be sore for a week just from the cold butt!
48....wait till ya hit 50 and then the little things start like forgetting to pull up your zipper..just wait:D
We still go camping at the tracks..@60 I have never forgot that feeling of sitting around the fire,staring at the stars,watching trains go by.
We have our 12 pack chicken recipe .. start cooking the chicken and start drinking a 12 pack and when you finish the 12 pack the chicken is done and so are you:rolleyes:
DSC_0040.jpg

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Living in the mountains now, the elevation here is roughly 4500 feet. So, I will experience snow for the first time in my life. Yeah, I know 40 years of life and no snow. Pretty sad. I have seen it on TV though! I am a little worried about the driving part. :confused:

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Living in the mountains now, the elevation here is roughly 4500 feet. So, I will experience snow for the first time in my life. Yeah, I know 40 years of life and no snow. Pretty sad. I have seen it on TV though! I am a little worried about the driving part. :confused:

Nothing to worry about... just reach down and pull the lever that reads 4HI. :D

Seriously, slow down and avoid the soccer moms that think that just because they have 4WD they can still drive 55 MPH. Driving in snow just requires patients and it also gives you additional reaction time.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
48....wait till ya hit 50 and then the little things start like forgetting to pull up your zipper..just wait:D
We still go camping at the tracks..@60 I have never forgot that feeling of sitting around the fire,staring at the stars,watching trains go by.
We have our 12 pack chicken recipe .. start cooking the chicken and start drinking a 12 pack and when you finish the 12 pack the chicken is done and so are you:rolleyes:
DSC_0040.jpg

Yummy!

I am going to the Great Smoky Mountain area of NC/TN early next month for a week. I am staying in a hotel while I am there, but I am riding home on the Blue Ridge Parkway and will be camping along the way. One night will require some hobo stew made in a tin foil envelope.

hobo-stew.jpg

That is a meal!

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I like to carry some self starting charcoal and a small grill top,foil cooking I usually just throw a potatoe in the coals with some butter.I have had stew many times on the road,never home made like yours which looks like grandma's, but Ditty Moore(gross) but some Tabasco on it,it fills ya up and is easy..Here are a few downloadable maps for some rides if you have the time.
http://visitncsmokies.com/activities/motorcycle-rides/?gclid=CLSI0K7-7r0CFYtDMgodQiAACg

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
I like to carry some self starting charcoal and a small grill top,foil cooking I usually just throw a potatoe in the coals with some butter.I have had stew many times on the road,never home made like yours which looks like grandma's, but Ditty Moore(gross) but some Tabasco on it,it fills ya up and is easy..Here are a few downloadable maps for some rides if you have the time.
http://visitncsmokies.com/activities/motorcycle-rides/?gclid=CLSI0K7-7r0CFYtDMgodQiAACg

That one isn't a picture of mine. I found that one the web. When ever I make it, I can never wait to eat it because the smell drives me nuts while it is cooking so I never get a picture.

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Ya need to pull some coals off the fire and then lay your food on there...seems like that would burn the food and stick to the foil.;):)

DSC_0167.jpg

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
The more butter you put in, the less of the chances of that happening.

You know, I have been looking through a fairing with a cycle sound for so long, I thought your picture was wrong!

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Thats funny Brian,I guess if I put the stock windshield on which is shorter and no vents in it I would feel the same way:)

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Nothing special..you can get a used dslr nikon 60 for 200-300 at Wally World..it looks just like a 35 mm.I can't use the little ones,they are just too dang small.It is easy to take a picture with it,I have to use my right hand so I hit throttle lock,preset focus,point and shoot,camera does all the hard work. My part is luck.