Suzuki Savage

HorrorGuy

Learning the Ropes
I getting a Suzuki Savage for free.I am planning on putting a sidecar on it and using it mostly in the winter.Has anyone here put a Windjammer fairing on one.if so post a picture

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
The reason it's not possible to mount a Windjammer on most modern bikes is due to fork width and wide gas tanks. When Craig designed the Windjammer nearly all motorcycles had drum brakes so the forks could be a lot narrower than bikes with disc brake rotors bolted to the side of the hub. I only have 1/8 of an inch clearance between the outside of the forks and the inside of the fairing where it's mounted to the mounting bracket on my Honda VLX 600, which has a single small disc brake rotor. Also my gas tank is small at just a little less than 3 gallons including reserve so it fits as well. Back in the 70's gas tanks were long, tall, and narrow. Today they are wider, shorter in height, and tear drop shaped so they are too wide to fit in the fairing fork and tank pocket. I've never measured the fork width or tank on a Savage but once you get that free Savage you can measure it to find out if it will fit.

HorrorGuy

Learning the Ropes
Thanks for the info.really like you said the only way will be to measure one unless someone here on the forum has put on on a Savage.I have an Eagle sidecar for the Savage.I am putting my Terraplane on an old Tour Glide.A lot of projects lol

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I personally have never seen one on a Savage. BUT, like Scott said, measure er up! Free bike! Man, I need to get on Santas nice list.

HorrorGuy

Learning the Ropes
Hopefully that will happen in the next week.Like I said i want it for an Eagle sidecar which is designed for light bikes .

HorrorGuy

Learning the Ropes
I like fairings and the Vetter has the protection from the wind i need .I figure a good fairing ,a set of Hippo hands and my battery powered gloves and I am good for the winter.Last winter was the first winter I had trouble riding because my hands were getting too cold.Could it be I am getting old lol

Larry Fine

Country flag
Then again, some later bikes can be Vetterized. Here's a WJ5 and K&G Engineering luggage on my '96 Nighthawk 750:

Bike.jpg

Bike2.jpg

Bike3.jpg

Bike4.jpg

Bike5.jpg