Greetings from Sydney, Australia.

Dan Tyson

Grasshopper
Country flag
G'day,

I have a 1978 Yamaha XS1100. I've dressed it with Vetter gear and as you can see, it's pretty nice. It's my daily ride. Looking forward to seeing posts from other Vetter owners.

Attachments

• bath 001.jpg
    bath 001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 359
  • bath 002.jpg
    bath 002.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 390
  • bath 003.jpg
    bath 003.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 393
  • bath 004.jpg
    bath 004.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 395

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Dan! Another one for the XS fellows. I never knew till now that the 78 had a blacked out motor till now. I thought they only did that on the Midnight Special. The bike looks great with all the Vetter goodies. Those Windjammer II are getting harder to find.

Alan 63

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
That must have been refurbished (windjammer II) looks very nice, and almost 40 years old

Dan Tyson

Grasshopper
Country flag
Dusting off the cobwebs, is Carol still selling Vetter resto bits anywhere? Sorry, haven't been here since Craig passed away.

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
I agree, my thinking is that he has more to teach us than he's letting on. Hopefully he's been working on those books these past few years, but I suspect he's just been enjoying himself.

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
After the Motorcycle accident Mr. Craig Vetter suffered he as as yet to fully recover. His Wife ran the business for a few years but now has no interest in continuing it or updating the Web pages. I really don't think we'll be hearing anything from Mr. Vetter and that's understandable considering his age and the accident didn't help at all. It's sad because Mr. Vetter was very active until the accident. It's amazing his products are still in use all these decades later. He obviously produced high quality products which remain unrivaled to this day.

KGBnut

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
After the Motorcycle accident Mr. Craig Vetter suffered he as as yet to fully recover. His Wife ran the business for a few years but now has no interest in continuing it or updating the Web pages. I really don't think we'll be hearing anything from Mr. Vetter and that's understandable considering his age and the accident didn't help at all. It's sad because Mr. Vetter was very active until the accident. It's amazing his products are still in use all these decades later. He obviously produced high quality products which remain unrivaled to this day.
That is not completely accurate. Yes, Craig was in a very bad accident in 2015 and suffered a traumatic brain injury. He has improved greatly in the last several years, but still has some trouble.

You are correct that his web page has not been updated since then, so it looks forgotten, but the on-line store is still very much active and taking orders and Carol Vetter takes care of the orders herself. She may have let it slip during the months that Craig was hospitalized, but now that he is back home and doing better it seems to be fully in operation. I have corresponded with them both in recent weeks and received a shipment of Windshield Foam Tape and an Edging Replacement Kit the beginning of the summer.

Their sons, Zak and Morgan, help out as well, and Morgan is very involved in the growing electric motorcycle industry.

In short, if you need parts, they are still available.

Craig Vetter's Store

Good luck with your repairs.

Ken

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Thanks Ken, this was the way I understood things as well.... but what do I know, I've got teenagers!

KGBnut

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Thanks Ken, this was the way I understood things as well.... but what do I know, I've got teenagers!
I fully understand. Teenagers will wear you out!

One side note... if you are into Podcasts at all, check out Motorcycles & Misfits. They discuss all things motorcycling. They are friendly with the Vetter family and occasionally give updates. It is available on Apple Podcasts and all the other major apps. In episode 200 "The Real Vetter Challenge" they interview Craig two years after the accident.

Last edited:

Dan Tyson

Grasshopper
Country flag
I ordered a few things from Carol and she was on to it straight away. She even went as far to advise me that shipping to Australia was restricted at the moment and that I needed to pay a little extra for Covid reasons. The order was shipped straight away and is currently in the sky on it's way here.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I have been emailing Carol back and forth over the last years. Here was her latest statement to me in regards to the Vetter Online Store.

"We are comfortable and healthy here on the ranch. Our son Zak has taken over and is getting us offline. I am letting the online store wind down. There are a few items I keep, but I am not reordering anything."

So, by what I gather from her and our conversation via email, it looks as she is ultimately shutting down the store and the site. I have enquired about taking over the website and keeping it alive and just shutting down the store, There is tons of great information on there. Ill keep you all posted on what the newest developments are.

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Yeah that'd be a shame for all of that info to simply be lost to time.

Glad to hear they're all happy & healthy though!