Greetings from Texas

MightyT120

Grasshopper
Country flag
Hello everyone!

My name is Jeff - my current ride is a 2017 Triumph Bonneville T120. I’ve been looking at putting a Vetter Windjammer on it for awhile now, and after a long search have purchased a NOS Windjammer 4. Probably will be awhile before I can get the brackets fabricated and install the fairing, but wanted to say hello, and looking forward to getting some pics posted soon!

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Welcome Jeff! I wonder if the old Triumph mounts would be anywhere near correct for the modern frames?

MightyT120

Grasshopper
Country flag
Unfortunately I doubt they would work - mine has a radiator! They went to liquid cooled in 2017, and the radiator is in front of the down tubes.
The good news is right behind the steering head, on the bottom, there is a flat area with two threaded holes that are about 5/16 or so … a potential mounting point!

more fun to be had - the WJ IV showed up today - it was claimed to be NOS, but someone had done some work … but I think I can still make a go of it. The mounting area has been routed for additional clearance and the rear bolt hole is missing. The rest of the fairing looks brand new.350A1887-9EAD-406C-8EC9-E0BEEBFB1B42.jpeg

MightyT120

Grasshopper
Country flag
And from bad to worse after doing some further looking … someone got a little crazy with a router. Hoping that I can salvage. Ugh.

DB9A96E3-71CB-475C-A065-97828E9760F1.jpeg

MightyT120

Grasshopper
Country flag
No clue. The seller was clearing out a warehouse, and it was sold as basically unused.

Thoughts on whether or not it is salvageable?

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Yes it most likely will be. I'm sure there's a good repair thread on here somewhere. On www.craigvetter.com they've got what's called a Hotcha repair kit, it's one of the best adhesives for ABS plastic, I'm not sure what you should make patch panels from, or if the Hotcha kit can be used as filler.

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag

It says the kit comes with scraps of ABS plastic sufficient to repair most any problem, your issue may or may not need additional ABS material.

And instructions:

I looked up ABS plastic on EBay and first found seller Popdisplays, they have a variety of ABS sheet thicknesses if you need more material to make patch panels from.

Hope it helps.

MightyT120

Grasshopper
Country flag
After getting an original Vetter bracket, there is, IMO, not enough meat to mount this securely. I’ll try to get some pics posted when I have time. The good news is I found an unmolested fairing for my project, and may use this one for parts at least …