Craigslist Vetter Haul & A Couple Questions.

Alan 63

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Looking closer at the front wheel, I have 'NEVER' seen whatever these are on the wheel.

View attachment 1967

Check if a magnet will stick to the spokes. If NOT, I would not use that wheel as it was recalled. I only say this because it's something I haven't seen before and I'm curious if it's an identifying feature in addition to the magnet test.

http://www.ngwclub.com/File Share/1000tsb/1000#9.pdf
I don't know what those are , I thought the comstar wheels were riveted there( I could be wrong)
Some kind of change up perhaps?

Streetfools

Grasshopper
I don't know what those are , I thought the comstar wheels were riveted there( I could be wrong)
Some kind of change up perhaps?
They're just plastic covers or accent pieces, I believe. They seem like they're glued on, I don't want to pull too hard on them for fear of breaking them.

Streetfools

Grasshopper
Well it's been slow going for the last couple weeks. I finally got my 'tins' back from the painters. I got the pieces all installed, I just have to wait a little longer before I reinstall the emblems as the clear still seems a little tacky. I have decided to keep the luggage lids as they were (not sure why). I think I like the white saddlebag covers.

I completely disassembled the luggage racks and trim pieces, sandblasted, and painted them all with John Deere Blitz Black (literally the best paint you can buy IMHO). Originally I wanted to keep the trim chrome but it was rusted, flaking, and generally in poor shape; paint is much cheaper than new chrome.

I still have some work to do on the trunk. I ended up converting the trunk to LED trailer lights which will act as marker / turn signals at this point. I would like to pick up one of those integrated tail light doo hickies to put brakes in the trunk too, but that's another project. I plan on drilling the pop rivets holding the Vetter plate and connector clip and pulling that off, but stowing it away for posterity. I bought some sheet metal to replace the plate in kind and drilling a small grommeted hole and using a for my trailer light wiring, I'll put the plug under the seat. My goal is to have a quick disconnect for the entire trunk for when the old lady isn't with me.

I'm still working on a bunch of other odds and ends, but I guess that sums up my progress to this point.

Attachments

• IMG_2755.JPG
    IMG_2755.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 395
  • IMG_3288.JPG
    IMG_3288.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 372
  • IMG_3300.JPG
    IMG_3300.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 367