Vetters in your area?

Sparkfly88

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I live in Sarasota Fl and so far I have only seen ( aside from my own )

Two other Vetters,
a mk IV and III

The mk IV was repainted silver and striped of all logos (Blasphemy!) and was mounted to MAYBE an xs750, didnt get a good look, it was 4 lanes away going the other direction.

The mk III was original in white, with logos, and on an old BMW opposing cylinder bike.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Here is Bakersfield CA, we seem to have the same problem. Not many Vetters around. I saw a fellow the other day passing me the opposite direction doing about 45 or so, and I thought he had a Windjammer V on a Honda 750 perhaps. We have a population of roughly 600k...

Everything cool and old comes around again. The 60's are just about done being cool and I am seeing a huge resurgence in 70's stuff. You are going to see more and more mid 70's early 80's bikes with Windjammers come around soon. Give it 5 years, Vetter rigs will be featured in 70's culture magazines and used in movies and TV. Bike shows will start to appreciate a full vintage Vetter setup. We are just waiting our turn.

MVetter

Grasshopper
The thing I've witnessed is they're far, far more prevalent in the MidWest. On the coasts the climate is so mild that fairings are, more often than not, unnecessary. In places with harsh winters, like Illinois, Vetter fairings are all over the place. Here in California, I don't really need a fairing ever, year round. I imagine it's similar for Florida.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Around me I know I have seen at least 10 different bikes (all vintage bikes) with Vetter fairings on them. One sure conversation starter with another vintage bike enthusiast is if both bikes have Vetter fairings.

On another note, this past August, I rode out to Indiana with another GoldWing owner and we both were riding with Vetter fairings. When we arrived, there was another bike at this GoldWing get together with a Vetter fairing, so out of the 9 bike that were there, 1/3 of them were carrying Vetter's. We had several conversations with people on the trip out and back about the old bikes and the subject of the Vetter fairings was always talked about too.

That fairing sure made riding at 80 mph on the freeways smooth and less fatiguing.

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
006-10.jpg

Here in Ohio.

Last edited:

Sparkfly88

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
A couple days ago I saw a xs1100 special with a black vetter MK 4 just like mine!

Sent using Tapatalk 4 on my phablet Note 2

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
That I would say is not a Vetter Fairing. I have not seen one with the rectangle turn signals like that. There were a few odd ones made way later like the Rooster, Windstar and Sting.

I am pretty sure it is a Luftmeister for the BMW

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
The Vetter lines are so noticeable on the Luftmeister. A bit ridicules in my own opinion. I would like to know more of the history behind the Luftmeister's copier and Craig Vetter.