Mounting Brackets

KGBnut

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Can anyone tell me what is this for, because it was attached on the left inside of my Windjammmer 4 and the click button on the outside of the fairing, but I think there is something missing.
If I had to guess, this is a homemade adapter for a garage door opener.

KGBnut

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I found something that may be of help. An installation manual for the WJ4. I think I was wrong when I said mine was also a WJ4. It was actually a Windjammer SS, which is exactly the same. Just a name change in 1979 from 4 to SS. Here’s the link below. Craig has passed, but the website is still active by Carol, his wife. Www.CraigVetter.com I’ve talked to her a few times. Gregg
https://www.craigvetter.com/images/Vetter%20Fairings/Windjammer-instructions-images/Windjammer_instructions/1979%20Windjammer%20IV%20Owner's%20Manual.pdf
No, no, no. Craig is still around. He has had a rough couple of years, but the last I have heard he is still around. I believe he is working on his memoirs.

Ken

GreggS

Grasshopper
Country flag
No, no, no. Craig is still around. He has had a rough couple of years, but the last I have heard he is still around. I believe he is working on his memoirs.

Ken
You are correct! My information was given to me by an employee at I bike shop when I was buying tires last. I assumed it was true because I had lost track of him and Carol through a grieving web site. Thank you for the correction. My apologies to Craig and company. Don’t believe everything you hear from me. Apparently, I’m unreliable! Gregg