better late than never

Two"85s"

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
So it's ben four and half years that my Terraplane has sat in the garage collecting dust, No more! Last week I pushed all my other projects aside
and started drilling rivets. I now have it completely disassembled new seat foam on order the frame is off to the be sandblasted and I'm trying to
source the new carpeting. Pictures will be posted soon.

Two"85s"

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I found this @ Texas Fabrics and foam.
3" - 2250 Blue Polyurethane Foam - Firm
4" - A71 Pink High Density Polyurethane Foam - Very Firm
It's
supposed to arrive tomorrow, we shall see.

Two"85s"

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Update:
The frame is back from the blasters and looks good ( no burn thru) so will be coating it tomorrow.
The foam is going to be interesting, I maybe should have gotten the Pink in 3" and the blue 4" when they said very firm they meant it.
At least you won't bottom out in this seat.

Two"85s"

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Time for pictures;
P1030174.JPGP1030175.JPGP1030176.JPG
The frame back from the blasters. P1030178.JPG This is what i used to cover it with, I have used other products from them
with good results. P1030179.JPG P1030180.JPG While the end results are acceptable If I were to do it again I would probably opt
for a disposable spray system. The coating was much thinner than I expected for something you brush on making it hard to avoid
runs and drips. It is not UV stable so I will be overcoating with a standard paint.

Two"85s"

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Ok time for an update.
After getting most of the frame done I sent the top body out for paint and started working on bike-side mounts.
I wanted to coat them the sane as the frame. When I went to get the body from the painter I was not pleased with what I saw.
hade a long talk with him and he agreed to redo it. Two weeks later I pick t up only to find sags and dimples in the clear cote needless
to say I was depress! Kind of pushed it to the back of the shop while I considered what to do with it.
Windbuchse; I have had other thing power coated and found that it chips nearly as easily as paint and if improperly applied the steel will rust
under it and cause flaking.