Terraplane brake modification

TexasBulldogger

Grasshopper
Country flag
Has anyone considered or attempted to use the bike front brake master cylinder into the car brake instead of the single front wheel rotor? My first rig had the double pedal set up and bike had floorboards. Don't remember any problems with getting everything in place. I'm running my new hack without brakes and can't figure out how to make room for two pedals and my foot. I might take off the floor boards and go back to OEM footpegs to make room. Like Turbodog has. Do miss the power right turns by slamming on the hack brake!!! Any thoughts?

turbodog

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I would think that running only the car brake would make the rig pull hard right when braking. I have a separate pedal for the sidecar and find using the car brake by itself is only useful for making sharp right turns. It works well for that!

Early on, one of my welds broke in my 'leading leg' adapters on my forks, rendering the bike brakes unusable. It left me with only the sidecar and the bike rear brake. That was a scary ride home!

I can see linking the front bike brake to the sidecar brake to use them both. In fact, I'm working on such a modification right now. I wish I could report success, but am having a heck of a time bleeding the long tube back to the sidecar brake.

turbodog

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Yes, but I'll spare you the details of my project in the middle of TBD's thread. I'll update my thread as I make progress (or not :) )