Meguiar's heavy duty headlight restoration kit, for windshield.

Seth Matthews

Vetter Aficionado
autogeek_2272_151559938.jpg

I bought this kit yesterday, spent a few hours in the garage sanding, buffing, and polishing. the windshield doesn't quite look "NEW" but dang close. maybe a few months old anyway lol I highly recommend this kit. I just wish I had taken a before and after of it. before it was pretty gnarly, like, cut it down so I could just see over it and paint it gloss black gnarly, now I can see quite clearly through it.

(I'm not responsible for your results, just very happy with mine.)

Seth Matthews

Vetter Aficionado
I'd love some vents, I just don't want to spend $50 on them I thought about trying a rectangle, louvered style vent, but I'm not sure if it'd fit the windshield.

Attachments

• windshield vent.png
    windshield vent.png
    463.3 KB · Views: 328

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
I'd love some vents, I just don't want to spend $50 on them I thought about trying a rectangle, louvered style vent, but I'm not sure if it'd fit the windshield.
I know where you can get a pair of Snapvents for $15.85 a pair.
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages/ap/airinletkits/snapvents4.php
These mount in a 3-3/16 hole so you'll need a 3-3/16 hole saw to install them. If you are good with a jig saw you could cut the holes out that way. The best way to do that is to draw a 3-3/16 circle using a compass on paper and attach that paper circle to the place where you need the hole. Then cut it out being very careful not to go outside the line. Then clean up the hole by using a round sanding drum to sand the hole out to the line on the paper. Then remove the paper, clean up the windshield, and snap in the vents.
05-04089.jpg

Seth Matthews

Vetter Aficionado
how much air do these let through? do you think they let through as much as the rectangle ones? and do they seal pretty well when closed, in the rain?

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
It depends on how fast you are going. If your tooling around the neighbourhood at 30 or less they don't do much to keep you cool in hot weather. At 40 and above a nice amount of air will flow into that area behind the windshield where you're sitting. They will keep the inside of the windshield from fogging up. If you rotate them 180 degrees so their "Backwards" before you close them rain will not get past them. I never bothered to close them even when it was raining. I would get wet anyway so when the rain quit the air flow through them would help to dry me out. There was also no need to stop to close them and then open them after it stopped raining. I don't bother with rain gear. You're still going to get wet and you'll never dry out until after you stop to take off that rain gear. Then you've got wet rain gear to pack and deal with later.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
I find that the vents aren't good for letting a lot of air in, but they are great for is equalizing the area of low pressure that is behind the fairing which helps decrease helmet buffeting.