The Official VOG Sticker Thread

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
There has been some rumbling about VOG stickers. Brian and I have spoke about putting this together, however work, life, and everything else seems to be getting in the way.

Not any more. I shall not procrastinate.

My thought on size is 3 1/2" die cut (die cut meaning the cuts will follow the shape of the logo)
Also, I was going to make it transparent. That way we can put it on windshields.

Any other ideas on size? or ideas in general?

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
So....... 3.5" it is! Brian, we must return to the lab and get these stickers going! We have an entire member base on this forum foaming at the mouth to proudly brand their Vetters with VOG stickers... I think...

Larry Fine

Country flag
The transparency sounds good for both clear and colored surfaces, but 3.5" sounds a bit large.

I wonder if about 2.5" would be better? I'd hate to be the only one to opine here, though.

Scott

Learning the Ropes
Stickers!!!! :) ( I couldn't find a foaming at the mouth smiley!) I don't have a size preference, but I don't think 3.5 inches is too big. (Sorry Larry!) I was thinking about the bottom center of the windshield as a location. Cycle sound covers a lot more than that.

Scott

Learning the Ropes
Hmmm. How right Larry is. I obviously had not thought about other Vetter fairings. I just looked at Larry's profile pic and that is a very good question on how big they can be on other Vetter fairings without causing a visibility issue. We should have 2 sizes!!

Larry Fine

Country flag
"Oh my God, what a f***ing nightmare!" (Marisa Tomei as Mona Lisa Vito in My Cousin Vinny)

But, two sizes, say 3.5" or 4" and then 2" or 2.5" would be great, perhaps one of each per member.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I was thinking more like this. :p

Vetter-Owners-Group-Logo-Funny.jpg

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I am resurrecting this thread. I am have made 3 mock stickers 2.5" 3" and 3.5". I am going to place them on my fairing for accurate size representation. Ill post the pics when I get them done.

I personally think that 3" looks to be the comfortable size.

My thought is external sticker with transparency on the grey lines. One question is should they be a reverse sticker where it sticks from inside the windshield? I am leaning towards the outside for those that have tinted windshields.

Thoughts?

Jimandmona

Learning the Ropes
Hi, I'd think outside would work best, that way if I'd have a spare it could go on my toolbox among other places.

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
A google search turns up page after page of custom vinyl sticker printing company’s. Those stickers go on easy, last a long time, and when it's time to remove them they come off without damaging the paint or other surfaces below them. They can also be applied to curved surfaces without creasing. As an example they work well when applied to a helmet as opposed to stickers that can't form and stretch on curved surfaces and end up with ugly creases.