New from Canada

Roulemabosse

Grasshopper
Hi,

I'm from Canada. I'm about to buy a Vetter Terraplane sidecar to install on a Yamaha FZ1.

I had 2 sidecars in the past.

Any advices for the sidecar installation on this bike?

Thanks.

BeachedSquirrel

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Welcome to VOG!

I can't offer any advice on attaching a Terraplane to a Yamaha, as I don't have a Yamaha. Be sure to post some pictures, as we all love pictures around here!

Roulemabosse

Grasshopper
Thank you, I should have the sidecar soon. The seller stores it in his backyard shed and we have to wait until the 1 meter of snow will disappear to access to the shed.:(

I will post some pictures.

Mike324

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Thank you, I should have the sidecar soon. The seller stores it in his backyard shed and we have to wait until the 1 meter of snow will disappear to access to the shed.:(

I will post some pictures.
Welcome from the Ottawa area. Mike

Roulemabosse

Grasshopper
Hi,

Great, the sidecar is now in my garage. Needs some love but looks in a pretty good shape. Next step is to find a FZ1 to match with it.

Attachments

• DSC05660.JPG
    DSC05660.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 271

Mike324

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Looks quite complete and original - nice find! I always find it interesting to learn how and where the find was made. Feel free to share that if you want. There can't be that many in the Great White North if that is where you found it. Mike

Roulemabosse

Grasshopper
I was looking intensively for a sidecar for 2 years trying to find something I would like and in my budget. In these 2 years, this one was the only one I saw in the ads. I found it in Quebec city. Still have the original paint. Unfortunately, I would like to paint it according to the bike color. Everything is working well. Only the 2 side plexiglas are broken. Now, I'm looking for a Yamaha FZ1 to attach it.

I also saw an interesting modified Vetter in Ontario at CSR. This one was enlarged for 2 person. Here is a picture.

Regards.

Attachments

• DSC_0396.jpg
    DSC_0396.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 280

Mike324

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Always interesting to me as to where these sidecars pop up. I was out bid on E Bay by 100 dollars on a nice one about five years ago and then it took me another few years to find another. Their rarity makes the hunt a challenge!