Windshields

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I do like our banner bike:)
So,I had the original windshield on my bike but at 6"3 and a seat height of 30 inches my eyes hit just at the top of the windshield and was very distracting.I got the taller shield after the first year and glad I did,some reflection on it and a few other things but over all I really like it and the protection it affords me is great.
When the shield is cut down,I know they look cool on some bikes how...mmmm...why would you do that other than looks because I got the thing for protection from the road while travelling.I only where a 3/4 helmet so maybe that might be a factor for the rain and cold.
If you cut it down yourself did it change the way the bike handled? Do you like it better and why.
Any thoughts? Just kinda would like to know or have a clue...just thought of this..did you ever ride without the windshield? Now that would be different.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
For me, I have several: 21", 23", and as of this past Spring, 19" that is now 8".

Of these, each has it's own good/bad points.

The 8" one is best when it is HOT because it allows air to blow on my face and helps to keep me cool. I really didn't do it to look cool but rather to keep cool. The down side is the noise: boy is it loud!

I like the 23" one for long road trips because it has the round pop-up air vents that help to reduce helmet buffeting, but it doesn't let any cooling air in on me so I tend to get hotter and my MS (multiple sclerosis and not the wife) doesn't like that very much.

I like the 21" windscreen the most because it is right height where if I am sitting normal, I just need to just tilt my head up or down to either look completely through or completely over the top edge.

You mentioned riding without a windscreen... funny. That is exactly what I am doing next Spring. The Vetter III fairing I just got, has another 23" windscreen that I won't be able to use due to too many cracks at the bolt holes, so I am going to go with only two inches: just enough to fill in the opening.

Epic Trekker

Learning the Ropes
Question? I'm finding several places online that sell windshields for Vetter fairings, anybody have a preference or recommendation on who to go with? I've got a new/old Vetterized Goldwing that will need a new screen before I tour with it, but I'm seeing prices that range from $80 -$150, too much range.

Epic Trekker
Trailone10.com