Terraplane?

Terraplane Tom

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
If you need an "expert" to oversee questions, let me know. I have been doing a lot of research on the Terraplane and just might know a little about them.

roncar

..I know there is Yahoo Terraplane Group https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Vetter_SC/info But it is a closed group and I find navigation a nightmare!
I tried to sign up over there but you have to get a Yahoo email first and I feel they want TMI. A cell # with texting? As a REQUIREMENT! I don't have that, don't want it, not likely to get it, already check 8 emails regularly as it is, and don't really want another email, even if I had the information they require.

What a PITA! Most of the "threads" are related to 'looking for a terraplane' or 'terraplane for sale.' Not a lot of technical data readily available, but I'm curious what's in their photo and files section. Guess I'll never know unless someone posts the information in a more readily available location.:(

roncar

I have the two Terraplane files on Craig's site. There has to be more than that.

Saw mention in one of the posts about a parts list.

A list of suitable 'alternative' parts would also be nice.

I don't know of any files available 'here' except the ones attached to posts.

roncar

Roncar, what info are you looking for about the Terraplane?
Terraplane Tom, I'm not greedy, anything and everything. Something I can reference:
1. to determine if I have everything I need to mount my Terraplane
2. If I don't, where can I get the parts needed, or what do they look like if I need to have them made
3. Suitable substitutes for parts no longer available
4. What worthwhile modifications have people done
5. setup tips and tricks
6. Problems with or without solutions

I'd like to see a easily accessible knowledge base built here. As I said in my other post, I don't really have a specific problem that I'm looking for the answer to right now. My Terraplane is just sitting right now until I get one of those "round tuits" and do something with it. Just trying to gather all the cumulative knowledge together in one easily accessible location for all (including myself) to reference.

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Well I would think for a good sober and reliable source of info would be a Goldwing site,I don't know any sites but I think they have more miles and experiences than I have ,just a thought to look into...:)

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
If I remember next tuesday when I am with the retired and Riding group I will ask around and see if anyone can help.

roncar

Well I would think for a good sober and reliable source of info would be a Goldwing site,I don't know any sites but I think they have more miles and experiences than I have ,just a thought to look into...:)
As much as I suspect that a 'lions share' of the Terraplanes were mounted on GoldWings, I am active on several of the forums (and lurk on even more), but there isn't much Terraplane information on them. Suspect the limited number that were made, coupled with the ones that didn't survive, has created a very limited audience and enthusiasts. Just not much out there on-line.