Tail Trunk Liner

KGBnut

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I just picked up a Vetter tail trunk that I will restore and put on one of my Suzukis. I've never had a tail trunk before and this one came with a thoroughly installed furry liner. It is worn, but very well fitted and installed. It also has some foam padding under the fabric.

Is this original, or maybe an accessory? Or, did someone go to the trouble to make this themselves?

Thanks in advance.

Ken

Attachments

• Trunk 1.jpg
    Trunk 1.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Trunk 2.jpg
    Trunk 2.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Trunk 3.jpg
    Trunk 3.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Trunk 4.jpg
    Trunk 4.jpg
    677.9 KB · Views: 75

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I have never seen or heard of that! I know its not a stock item or anything Vetter. Most likely just somebody having fun created a furry trunk liner.

GreggS

Grasshopper
Country flag
I have a late model of the trunk and familiar with an earlier one. Stock is bare. I don’t know why I never thought of it. Keep it!

KGBnut

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I have a late model of the trunk and familiar with an earlier one. Stock is bare. I don’t know why I never thought of it. Keep it!
It does make it rather heavy, and most of the liner is musty and in poor condition, so I am going to remove it when I restore the trunk. It is interesting though. I may put in a lighter and simpler replacement.

limpy45

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I would make a copy of it using the old one as a pattern. Might just come in handy some day if you would decide you want one or someone else would. Make the pattern copy out of heavy brown wrapping paper.