Gl1000 Terraplane update

Windbüchse

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Greetings all,
The rig was riding low enough to scrape the frame. The combination of the Lester 16" mag and weight of the chair was a problem. I found a set of 14" Progressive shocks (eye-clevis) and upgraded the springs to 140/190#. Switched the chair shock to Progressive and 120/170# spring. The shocks on the leading link are KONI knockoffs from a Triumph. Ride height is now stock and can be put on the center stand with ease. Handling and ride are much improved.

In the planning stage is building a solo seat with a Vetter trunk. I'm 6'5" and could use some back support on long trips. I've mocked up the trunk and have found a good fit for comfort. Any thoughts or suggestions?

R side.jpg

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Super nice Windbüchse! The GL1K and the Terrraplane are a good combo. If you get a chance share some more images.

Windbüchse

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Here is the trunk trial mounting, a pic of the mounts (forward mount is not fully attached) and my son and I out for a ride yesterday.

Attachments

• Trunk1.jpg
    Trunk1.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 124
  • mounts.jpg
    mounts.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 125
  • GL at Bouquet.jpg
    GL at Bouquet.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 172

TexasBulldogger

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Great looking rig. Have my eye on a leading link near me. What's the additional bar and mechanism across the back end of TP?

I had my original '78 with custom adjustable Califia trunk. Two up the trunk was almost entirely past the rear wheel. For single riding I made a small platform off the back rest leaving enough room for a Playmate cooler between trunk and back rest.

Windbüchse

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Great looking rig. Have my eye on a leading link near me. What's the additional bar and mechanism across the back end of TP?

I had my original '78 with custom adjustable Califia trunk. Two up the trunk was almost entirely past the rear wheel. For single riding I made a small platform off the back rest leaving enough room for a Playmate cooler between trunk and back rest.
Thanx.
The horizontal bar is a anti-swaybar setup. The tube contains a splined torsion bar with the links attached to the swing arms via Heim joints.