Want To Buy - Vetter Terraplane Mounts

Ray-Paige

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I'm looking for the 3 bike side mounts. I have a set for a 80-81 GL1100, and the sidecar pylons. I would like to find a set for an 82-83 GL1100, as well as a GL1200. A machinist friend of mine is interested in making some, if he can do it for a reasonable price.

Ray-Paige

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
DMC Sidecar in Washington bought the remaining stock of Terraplane mounts some years back, and when they only sold two or three sets a year, they sent them all to the recycler - what a waste. They now make a custom 4-point mount for the Terraplane which fits their universal motorcycle mount. $750 for the sidecar mount and approx $775 for the motorcycle side. Way too rich for my blood!! I wonder how many sets of those they sell a year? Good luck with your mounts. I'll let you know how my deal turns out.

PAUL politsch

Vetter Aficionado
someone just picked this up cheap so I'm told

Attachments

• teraplain.jpg
    teraplain.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 2,768

Ray-Paige

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Looks like somebody got a real deal, wish I had a chance at it. You wouldn't be that someone, would you?

john mccreadie

Grasshopper
Just picked this up...lowest vin# I have seen...changed to a four point..no disc brake body in great condition has original seat covers [top and bottom] that could be used as a pattern and the original foam seat...too many projects....any offers???

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 856
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 937
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,503
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 912
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,083

Ray-Paige

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
John - Is that a DMC mount? What motorcycle was it mounted to? Might be interested if you're not too far away. Ray

Ray-Paige

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
My machinist "buddy" bowed out on me - had too many better paying jobs. I'm still scouring eBay & craigslist, but not having any luck, so far. I have only the set that came with my Terraplane, which I hope will work on an 82 Interstate I'm trying to bring back to life. I'll post any finds or info I dig up. Sorry I can't help yet. Ray

Two"85s"

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Maybe you can! The ones you have are for an 80, the year of my bike. If you
could make a tracing or "blue print" I can duplicate them. If they turn out good I would offer them
here at cost.