My other XV920

turbodog

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
The tug for my Terraplane is a Yamaha XV920, made from spare parts acquired during my long-term XV920R project. That project is finally at the title/tags stage. I am currently tuning the EFI and taking a 2nd run at the seat cover:
sunlit right side.jpg

Left Side New Version.jpg

left rear.jpg

turbodog

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Yes, an early '80s Seca 750 tank. I preferred the XV920 tank, but getting a fuel pump in there was beyond my budget and schedule restrictions. Choices for external fuel pumps is surprisingly limited. A few choices for ~ 50HP and under, and then a big gap up to 300HP, 7amp monsters. The Seca tank has an access plate just big enough to get the pump in. But, it made the seat design more complicated. Since these pics were taken, I've done a second seat cover... but it is still not up to acceptable quality standards.

Uxbridge Brule

Grasshopper
Country flag
Thought it was I'm an XJ guy and it looks good on that bike you have done some nice work. Good luck with the seat recover I have to tackle that on my bike when the weather warms.

turbodog

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Thanks. It is UreChem eyeKandy Wine Red 3 stage. Probably pretty close to the original XV920RH paint.