My 1975 Goldwing and Terraplane

jimk23

Grasshopper
Pictured is my 1975 Goldwing with Terraplane. Sadly, I sold both in the mid '80's, separately.
IMG_0644_zpsunbaxul0.jpg

Mike324

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Pictured is my 1975 Goldwing with Terraplane. Sadly, I sold both in the mid '80's, separately.
IMG_0644_zpsunbaxul0.jpg
This is a very interesting picture to me because appears to show pop vents at the front of the top cover. Mine has the Vetter vents and I have always wondered if they were factory made or owner installed. Were you the original owner of this Terraplane?

Mike324

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
This picture is of interest toe because it shows your Terraplane with Vetter pop vents. Mine has them too and I always wondered if they were factory installed or owner installed. Were you the original owner of this sidecar?

jimk23

Grasshopper
This picture is of interest toe because it shows your Terraplane with Vetter pop vents. Mine has them too and I always wondered if they were factory installed or owner installed. Were you the original owner of this sidecar?

Mike, I think the "pop vents" you are referring to is a reflection of the right turn signal. I don't remember having any vents on my Terraplane. But, yes, I was the original owner. Thanks.

Last edited:

Mike324

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Jim, I see the reflection now - so no pop vents! I would be interested to know, as you were the original owner, what the buying process was like. Was it a case of ordering and in a couple of weeks it arrived? I wonder if this was a cool order for the dealer or something that intimidated him as it required a set-up not frequently done? Did it take a while for him to get it right in terms of tracking? Just wonder about these things. If you have time, I would be interested. Thanks, Mike

jimk23

Grasshopper
Jim, I see the reflection now - so no pop vents! I would be interested to know, as you were the original owner, what the buying process was like. Was it a case of ordering and in a couple of weeks it arrived? I wonder if this was a cool order for the dealer or something that intimidated him as it required a set-up not frequently done? Did it take a while for him to get it right in terms of tracking? Just wonder about these things. If you have time, I would be interested. Thanks, Mike

Mike, I ordered it direct from Vetter and I think it took 4 or 5 days to receive it. I had a friend help me attach it to the Goldwing. It was not a Honda dealer buy. Thanks for asking.