Fairing pocket liners

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
No sure if the WJ has inserts for the fairing pockets but Rickman did not do them, got fed up with fishing stuff out from around the headlight so came up with this, just the tryout version at the moment but now I have the right shape I can maybe make some better ones.
The liners below are made from 2 microwavable frozen food trays from the local store that have been glued togeter to make them stronger then secured with double sided tape, cost is nothing as you normally throw the trays away so I recon that if they break when I need to get them out I will just replace them.
The reason they do not go full length is to allow the latch on the pocket hard covers to still operate.

DSCN0900.JPG

DSCN0899.JPG

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Thats a super fun idea for a hard liner. The Windjammer liners I have are cloth, almost a nylon like material. Its not the best way to line a pocket in my opinion. On my 96 Kawi 1000P it has a Bates style fairing and its pockets are also a cloth/nylon like material.

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
Thats a super fun idea for a hard liner. The Windjammer liners I have are cloth, almost a nylon like material. Its not the best way to line a pocket in my opinion. On my 96 Kawi 1000P it has a Bates style fairing and its pockets are also a cloth/nylon like material.

Were the cloth liners a standard fitment for the Windjammer? I do not think I have ever seen any for sale. The shape of the pockets on most fairings have so many curves that it would be difficult to get a hard liner of any type to go much deeper without using some sort of moulding process which would involve tooling costs. Also the gap needed at the bottom for the locking catch to rotate is a problem, how is this overcome on your Windjammer liners?

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
I like that idea! I have pocket covers that have a liner and others that don't. I am always worried about putting things into the pocket: cell phone, keys, spare magazine (you know the important things) and accidently pulling an electrical lead. Having a hard plastic cover under that pocket would prevent that from happening. Now to find something that will fit and look decent.

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
I like that idea! I have pocket covers that have a liner and others that don't. I am always worried about putting things into the pocket: cell phone, keys, spare magazine (you know the important things) and accidently pulling an electrical lead. Having a hard plastic cover under that pocket would prevent that from happening. Now to find something that will fit and look decent.

This is where mine came from, 2 trays then glued them together. Don't know if your local store would appreciate you taking one outside to check the tray size though!

Tray.jpg