Devcon Plastic Welder

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
I have had some sucess using Devcon Plastic Welder for repairs on different fairings recently, it sets very quickly and can be used to glue stuff together or build up areas that have been damaged which then can be sanded and drilled.
I believe it is probably easier to obtain in the US than here in the UK.

Devcon.jpg

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
When I was working on my Rooster, I looked at that but could not find anyone that actually used it so I stayed away from it. Next time, I'll give it a try.

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
When I was working on my Rooster, I looked at that but could not find anyone that actually used it so I stayed away from it. Next time, I'll give it a try.

The reason I tried it was when I worked for an engineering company the toolmakers used loads of the metal version of Devcon to fill holes and stuff then used to machine it after.

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
Repair to WJ SS mounting point with Devcon plastic welder, seems to have done the job well.

Mounting area before repair, mount bracket is from Rickman hence being short of the damaged area.
before repair.JPG

After repair, I embedded a nylon spacer in the Devcon to give some extra support to where the mounting hole will be drilled if I ever need to use it (not required with my Rickman / Vetter combination mount bracket)
I can only seem to get Devcon plastic welder here in Ivory colour but believe in the US it may be avaliable in black also.

after repair 1.JPG

after repair 2.JPG

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Well there you go, thats great to know. I have a crack in one of my fairings that needs some love. I will give that stuff a shot.