adjustable windshield height ?

Tirebiter

Grasshopper
I am a new user of a Vetter IV fairing on a 1980 GS850L Suzuki. I got the faring used and it had a very tall windshield on it. The top was above the top of my head. I had trouble seeing through it on dark and rainy nights. I cut it down but too much ... oops !

Has anyone ever come up with an adjustable piece at the top, that could be raised or lowered as needed ? Leave it up high for warmth when dry weather on the highway. Lower it for wet driving or under fogging conditions to see better.

Mike324

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Welcome to the forum! I know what you mean about rainy nights - can be overwhelming with all the reflections! I have mine cut so that in my normal riding position during the day I am looking through the top few inches and then in the rain and at night I just straighten up a bit and look above it. It is a very precise height cut to cover both needs. Sorry no suggestion as to adjustable part. Mike

Dave Ireland

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
You could either buy, or make, a deflector like this one...
https://www.google.ie/search?q=laminar+lip

I might be in the same position, as the screen I have has been cut down by a PO, and might be an inch or two too short for me. I won't know for sure until I give it a good run around in various conditions.
I've seen some very pricey versions of the Laminar Lip, and there's no way I would pay the stupid prices being charged for them, but there's a DIY option, which many have taken.