1st time Vetter user

Tirebiter

Grasshopper
Hi everyone,

I bought an old Suzuki summer of 2014 and drove it all over the place. It came with a Vetter fairing that had never been mounted. I mean it was a partial kit, I suppose. Everything came in boxes. The fairing is in primer and there is no windshield. The left side fabric cover is all there but very dirty. The right side cover is missing. The parking lights and headlight have never been mounted and are in separate bags. The edge moulding is coiled up. The wiring harness has never been installed.

Towards the end of last fall, I was thinking I'd put the fairing onto my bike because it was getting cold and I planned to ride it as late into the cold season as possible. I started looking for a windshield. I ended up getting a complete faring and mounting bracket fro my bike.

Trying not to make this too long a story, I finally mounted the fairing a few weeks ago. WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!!! I started to customize the windshield by cutting it down. It was terrible on rainy nights. So ok, I can see much better but I cut off too much. Has anyone ever figured out how to add an adjustable piece at the top of the windshield that could be raised/lowered depending on need ?

I'd like it too be very low at times like on rainy days. I'd like it to be very high when I am on the highway. I'll be posting more about this in the appropriate forum.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Welcome top the forum! Not sure about extensions, but I do know there were side pieces that could be added to the windscreen to make the windscreen wider.

Tirebiter

Grasshopper
Larry,

Sorry, I am not the guy who attended "More Science High". I just borrowed his name. Long story having to do with very close inspections of tires on my car one day.

Tirebiter

Grasshopper
Brian,

I looked into the side pieces you mentioned. Thanks for brining that to my attention. Not a bad idea but I am leaning more towards handgrip shields, to keep my hands out of the wind. My handlebars stick out quite a bit.

Since I wrote the initial post, I have seen examples of a removeable panel at the top of the windshield. I will probably try to duplicae the idea, using the pieces I cut off.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
I had thought about an extension for my shortened windscreen, but just decided that when the weather turns colder I would simply change to a full size windscreen.