XS11 Vetter Mount Question

Scott

Learning the Ropes
I decided to put my WJ IV on my 750 Honda in place of the SS that Craig confirmed had non factory stripes. Now sounds like a good time to put the SS on my xs1100. Found a mount on ebay off of a standard. I receive it in the mail today and what the heck. It does have a vetter sticker on it but holy crap the holes are big where the fairing bolts on. Was there a bushing or rubber mount? The whole top plate seems to be bigger than any I have seen on Hondas, although the hole centers do seem to match. It also appears that I will need to cut the factory oil cooler line mount tabs off of the frame. It does not have a cooler on it so its not a big deal. Have one to put on it but whatever kind of 4-1 exhaust is on it prohibits it. Any ideas on the brand of exhaust?

20140821_203050r.jpg

20140821_203137r.jpg

20140821_203209r.jpg

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Wow those holes are big I can't really help you on your original question sorry.From what little I can see the bike has had a lot of work done on it.The engine mounting bolts have been off but if I am it seeing that right the bolt with the rubber on each end is not connected to each other.That is one solid bolt to hold the engine in place unless some modification was a made.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Those bracket holes had to have been enlarged for a bushing of some sort, but who knows why other than the guy that did it. Man those are big. I hope the bolts that held the fairing onto the bracket weren't that big. :confused:

Scott

Learning the Ropes
Hey thank you guys for looking. In all of my years I have never seen a Vetter mount like it. The funny thing is that the holes don't look like they were enlarged. There is paint inside of them and no evidence of overspray on the Vetter sticker. I am just going to make a new mount. The bolt for the engine mount is all there. Just looks weird in the pic. I have only had this bike for a couple of months. It was one of those "trade deals". But since I have an extra couple of fairings, one should be on it!

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Here are some images of an XS11 mounting bracket on and off the bike. Let me know if you would like any other more specific images. (Also moving this thread to tech)

Yamaha-XS-1100-Vetter-Windjammer-Bracket-07.jpg
Yamaha-XS-1100-Vetter-Windjammer-Bracket-06.jpg
Yamaha-XS-1100-Vetter-Windjammer-Bracket-05.jpg
Yamaha-XS-1100-Vetter-Windjammer-Bracket-04.jpg
Yamaha-XS-1100-Vetter-Windjammer-Bracket-03.jpg
Yamaha-XS-1100-Vetter-Windjammer-Bracket-02.jpg
Yamaha-XS-1100-Vetter-Windjammer-Bracket-01.jpg

Scott

Learning the Ropes
Perfect. Thank you. Yours also looks shorter so it would probably clear the factory oil cooler tabs.
I might send a pic of the one I got to Craig to see if he has any ideas. I am just curious about it now.