Some of the bugs fixed in 1.5.3 include:
- Add beta importers for IPB 4.0/4.1 and phpBB 3.1.
- When using the mail queue and bulk email systems, if an error is received emailing a user, attempt to establish a new transport connection and resend the email. This should help resolve issues where SMTP connections are closed unexpectedly.
- Added sanity checks to ensure that serialized data is an array (containing only simple data within) in numerous places. (This may cause an error with add-ons that have incorrectly specified option definitions.)
- When associating an external account with an existing account, you must already be logged into the target account to ensure two-step verification is respected.
- Add dir="auto" to the sidebar online users list to ensure mixed LTR and RTL usernames do not interact.
- Improve results when pasting into the RTE from certain programs (such as PHPStorm).
- Fix converting links to page titles when the title tag is found more than 20KB into the page (such as on Amazon pages).
- Prevent a fatal error if an import remains unfinished but the importer has been removed.
- Do not automatically apply avatars during registration if the user doesn't have permission.
- Prevent an error in the user change log when a user has changed a custom field option that no longer exists.
- Do not display the RTE to Firefox mobile due to cursor issues.