WJ Night Stalker

Terraplane Tom

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
I just came across a Quicksilver Nightstalker with the idea of strapping it onto a 76 KZ900 LTD. I wonder if that might be a good fit. Any idea if there was ever even a bracket made for that...

It came with a mount for a CM450, which obviously will not work.
If you ever decide to sell the cm450 mount. I just might be interested.

aliensatemybuick

Vetter Aficionado
Interesting; here is another Nightstalker, currently for sale on Ebay. It has the same chrome Vetter emblem on the headlight surround as my bike does, and in the same exact spot. I have to wonder then if it is a stock rather than custom touch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windjammer-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c93243db7&vxp=mtr

$_57.jpg

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
I think I read that the Night stalker had gold trim where everything else had chrome. That one looks gold to me.

aliensatemybuick

Vetter Aficionado
Yes, the endging is gold instead of chrome, pinstripes are kinda silvery-gold. Vetter emblem on that Ebay auction fairing is def. chrome, like mine (blew the photo up and lightened it on my computer).

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
The location of the emblem is correct and stock. From what I have seen the Vetter emblem on the Windjammer V Nightstalker is chrome not gold, and is post Craig selling the company, so the Triskele is missing.

I always thought the perfect bike for the Nightstalker is the XS11 Midnight Special.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Then it must have come with a gold emblem. Perhaps the ones I saw were faded or replaced. It would make sense that it is gold seeing that the trim was.

PAUL politsch

Vetter Aficionado
View attachment 704 Not quite sure why, but my intention to upload a pic of the whole bike did not carry through. Here it is, for those who may be curious. Its really in fine shape considering the age. The goofy single carb setup even works well, and for now I have no plan to convert it back .

By the way, any lead on the brand of crashbars / engine case guards is on the bike would also be appreciated. I found a couple sets that appear identical onEebay (even down to the road rash, unfortunately!).
do you have the goofy single carburetor setup still?

aliensatemybuick

Vetter Aficionado
I do still have it...installed on the bike (have only had it since September, and its been stored all winter here in NJ). Started it up just the other day in fact, runs great. I've seen some heated debate about these single carb setups (mine is from now defunct Cycle Innovations), but I'm keeping it. It add to the bike's "uniqueness".

Attachments

• carb1.jpg
    carb1.jpg
    377.1 KB · Views: 385
  • carb2.jpg
    carb2.jpg
    698.9 KB · Views: 393

PAUL politsch

Vetter Aficionado
I do still have it...installed on the bike (have only had it since September, and its been stored all winter here in NJ). Started it up just the other day in fact, runs great. I've seen some heated debate about these single carb setups (mine is from now defunct Cycle Innovations), but I'm keeping it. It add to the bike's "uniqueness".
That's to bad. I would love to have it. But if you would be so kind and take some pictures of it close up and maybe let me know what the carburetor is and the numbers off of it. I just bought another Vetter built 77 GL1000 I have a couple of engines in the shop I'm doing this single carb deal on one of them There is a lot of people that don't agree with single carb setup. Me on the other hand I dig them there less mnt etc .. Thanks for sharing the picture. Super cool...

Attachments

• 77GL1000.jpg
    77GL1000.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 471

aliensatemybuick

Vetter Aficionado
I've appended another photo, this one showing my carb from the top (with the "tank" panel open and the air cleaner removed). With the tank/shroud, its hard to get any decent side view. The carb is a single barrel Holley, and my understanding based on an interweb search is these were built specifically by Holley for Cycle Innovations, based on a model 1940 "Economizer" carb, with a specific throttle linkage designed to accommodate the Goldwing throttle cables (and possibly other modifications). The numbers stamped on mine are 80589 and 1421 (see other photo below),and when I Googled those numbers, I found the following threads:

http://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5646
http://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3712

According to the latter thread, even Holley corp. doesn't have any knowledge of the modifications or stamped numbers on these particular carbs.

Attachments

• photo (62).JPG
    photo (62).JPG
    709 KB · Views: 410
  • photo (63).JPG
    photo (63).JPG
    453.4 KB · Views: 404