Windjammer 4 on a '93 Suzuki GSX1100G

dieter

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Windjammer vorm Stapellauf.jpg
Bike is ready, luggage to be installed this weekend.

Sometimes I think a WJ5 would even look better...and indicator lights not in orange but with smoked
lenses....

Dieter

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
View attachment 2593 Bike is ready, luggage to be installed this weekend.

Sometimes I think a WJ5 would even look better...and indicator lights not in orange but with smoked
lenses....

Dieter

I hate to admit it... I am not a fan of the WJ V. I have one and appreciate what it is, but I just prefer the WJ III more. Maybe it's those big orange turn signals. Looking great so far...

dieter

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
.....Maybe it's those big orange turn signals. Looking great so far...

I agree with you.... those orange turn signals disturb the design. Therefore I am thinking about grey/smoked lenses with bulbs in orange.

Meanwhile the trunk is installed, too. The saddle bags are in preparation, they need some adjustment with the hot air gun.
Läuft wieder.jpg
Rücklicht.jpg

dieter

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Completed...
fertig 1.jpg
fertig 2.jpg

Need to adjust the trunk somewhat to follow the declining line of the saddlebags.

And - I need the correct chrome bar on the side of the righthand saddlebag. Anybody willing to sell that in good condition?

Dieter

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
You did a great job mounting it on your Bike! I put a WJ IV on my 2006 Honda VLX-600. Most other Bikers have never seen one and ask me what kind of bike I'm riding because they've never seen one like it before. When I tell them the Fairing, Bags, and Trunk are from the 1970's they are astounded. I just tell them that back then any bike could become a Touring Bike with Craig Vetter touring gear. Some ask if my "little" 600cc bike struggle's with it. I just tell them Honda built the GL-500 SilverWing light touring bike that was a V-twin 500cc bike back in the early 80's. It sold well and people were very happy with them. You can even find them for sale from time to time because people liked them so well and took care of them. I also tell them that Craig toured across the country on a Yamaha 250cc bike with a heavier fiberglass Windjammer prototype fairing, which convinced him that the design worked and would sell well. He sold over a million of them in the 70's.
1966-Dec.jpg

dieter

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
New winter-project....

I will install a WJ V instead of the IV on my bike. Have just ordered some parts at Carol‘s online shop.
Fairing will be painted all black with silver decals, the holes for lower mounting I want to close.

Dieter

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
New winter-project....

I will install a WJ V instead of the IV on my bike. Have just ordered some parts at Carol‘s online shop.
Fairing will be painted all black with silver decals, the holes for lower mounting I want to close.

Dieter
This will be amazing to see the progress. Keep us posted on the project.

dieter

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Last week the parts from Carol finally arrived - there had been some trouble with the German customs :mad:

Dieter