Vetter "optional turn signal" question

BobsSuziGS

Grasshopper
My Windstar fairing came with the optional Vetter turn signals which happen to have running lights - which I rather like.
What I don't care for is two fold;
- the brass bulb sockets, which both happen to have stress cracks in them, which makes the bulbs sloppy/loose. The "tube" for the bulb is crimped to a steel angle bracket, which is push nutted to the plastic housing. Those tabs are still good and the push nuts are off and still intact.
- the loose bulb reflectors where the center factory tab is broken off so the aluminum reflectors rattle around. Mine were epoxied in...poorly.

My fix for the reflectors is to simply remove them, clean the inner housing well and paint the inside with silver paint for some kind of reflective property. Not great, but better than nothing.
The cracked brass 1157 bulb sockets, which are crimped onto a steel mounting bracket is my current issue...has anyone replaced these socket assemblies with something more solid?

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I have a set of those signals NOS. My Windstar is also NOS. If you need images or anything like that let me know.

Alan 63

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Auto parts store, 70's -80's Chrysler products used the same bulb sockets and pigtails as the windjammer iv.
I replaced mine a couple years ago.
Alan