Vetter 1000?

Mark Thump

Grasshopper
Country flag
Greetings!
Years ago I acquired what according to Craig could be an early Vetter 1000 fairing. Never painted, silver gelcoat, and no production number where Craig said it should be. Either one of his or a very good copy. As my memory is good, but short, I went to his website the other day to remind myself about his fairings, only to discover it to be gone. A Google search brought me to this forum.

I hope to find the right bike (for the right price) to mount the fairing some day before I die. A day that is ever getting closer.

I've had bikes with various Vetter fairings, most recently a Vetter Bullet.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Heya Mark, site is back up (still some broken links) but getting all fixed up. Do you have some pics of your 1000 to share?

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
What bikes are you considering to mount this fairing on? I've got a 65 CB160 project in the works if that might interest you.

Mark Thump

Grasshopper
Country flag
PXL_20220701_180911316.MP.jpg
PXL_20220701_180504104.MP.jpg

Mark Thump

Grasshopper
Country flag
This is what I have. Either a Vetter 1000 or a reasonable copy. I also ordered a windscreen from Gustoffen (?) For it.

Mark Thump

Grasshopper
Country flag
You can see that this fairing was gelcoat silver rather than the black or white that was standard, and it lacks a production number. A puzzle.
PXL_20220701_180539610.jpg

paw2958

Grasshopper
Country flag
Greetings!
Years ago I acquired what according to Craig could be an early Vetter 1000 fairing. Never painted, silver gelcoat, and no production number where Craig said it should be. Either one of his or a very good copy. As my memory is good, but short, I went to his website the other day to remind myself about his fairings, only to discover it to be gone. A Google search brought me to this forum.

I hope to find the right bike (for the right price) to mount the fairing some day before I die. A day that is ever getting closer.

I've had bikes with various Vetter fairings, most recently a Vetter Bullet
Mark,
l recently picked up a 1600 fairing looks similar but has 2 bulges on the lower are to clear exhaust pipes. No the inside of my fairing is vetter label laid right in to the glass hard to see on mine it’s up under the windshield area. still net sure what i’m going to put it on, was on a kz750 twin, at least that what the black marker right on the front said.