Tri-bar luggage

GS850_Mike

Learning the Ropes
I have a NOS set of Tri-bar (samsonite) luggage rack I'd like to convert to Givi luggage. I have already done this with the Vetter luggage rack and think the tri-bar should be easier. Has anyone done this?

Has anyone else made givi luggage fit the vetter rack?

GS850_Mike

Learning the Ropes
I know where to buy the luggage (its my bike in the pictures) (and ebay is considerably cheaper) the problem I have is that they don't make mounts for the vintage bikes so I have to adapt the old mount to new luggage. The first bike is done it uses the vetter frames. The second bike will have the tri-bar luggage which is where I'll be making the adapter plates.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Has it been done? Hard to say for sure, but I would think it wouldn't be too hard to fam some type of mounting adapter.

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
These are pictures of a Givi K Rack for a twin shock bike I sold a while back, not sure if the detail is any help?

DSCN0876.JPG

DSCN0880.JPG

DSCN0888.JPG

The first pic makes me ask: do all saddlebags normally mount that way, with the upper attachment to the top shock bolts and the lower attachment to the foot-peg and/or exhaust bolt?

I ask because I modified my mounting, and hung the rear from the frame, where the optional backrest mounted inside the tail. It seems weird to have the lower hanger under compression.

GS850_Mike

Learning the Ropes
Most do mount to the upper shock mount and rear pegs. I would say all but I'm sure there is some somewhere that don't.

GS850_Mike

Learning the Ropes
I have used soft luggage and while it does have the advantage of compressing and expanding. I perfer hard luggage. Its waterproof lockable and once it's mounted it is easy on and off. My experience with soft luggage is that no matter how secure you mount it, it always seems to move.

Website
www.fluxar.com
I have used soft luggage and while it does have the advantage of compressing and expanding. I perfer hard luggage. Its waterproof lockable and once it's mounted it is easy on and off. My experience with soft luggage is that no matter how secure you mount it, it always seems to move.
I would have to agree, I have a tough time keeping them in one spot.