Three Days On the NC and SC Coasts

XS11JAMMERIII

Learning the Ropes
I was with my elegant lady in black the past three days.

She went with me most willingly, responded to my every request, strong in evading all who would do us harm, was sensitive to my lightest touch, never once complained, up early every morning, gave all she had all day and night and requested only the minimal substance.
And Brought me home to an ice cold beer.

My 1979 XS11SF (Monster)

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I was with my elegant lady in black the past three days.

She went with me most willingly, responded to my every request, strong in evading all who would do us harm, was sensitive to my lightest touch, never once complained, up early every morning, gave all she had all day and night and requested only the minimal substance.
And Brought me home to an ice cold beer.

My 1979 XS11SF (Monster)
Did you post a pic?

XS11JAMMERIII

Learning the Ropes
Some things with me and pic's.

1. I have never been an avid camera kind of guy. When my daughter was born, I nearly filled an album with her pictures. When my son was born, he got a driver's license photo.

2. I have a cell phone that I detest. I keep it for emergencies and now-a-days it is a must with a CCW. There are only two times that I recognize that I even have a phone is when I pick it to go and put it down when I return.

3. I ain't smart enough for a smart phone so my cell is an old flip phone that requires opening (with arthritic fingers is a chore) and finger poking of itty-bitty buttons in the proper sequence just to get the phone to understand that I wish to take a flick. Then a step to save that photo before I flip the cell shut, through the onset of
Alzheimer's in the mix and you can see why the #@*%$@# phone stays in my pocket.

4. Me and technology, more pointedly, getting the flicks from that #@*%$@# phone, if I remembered to save any flicks, to the other thorn in my side, that #@*%$@# computer.#@*%$@# it. If I manage to complete any of that, then there is getting the #@*%$@# flicks from the #@*%$@# computer to any forum.

I have managed it in the past to get some pic's up, but I don't remember how (the onset of something).

roncar

Sounds like a case of CRS (can't remember stuff.) I've had it since my 20's, so it isn't age related.

Did away with my cell phone (my kids can't understand that) because I don't need and didn't use it. When I called the carrier to cancel service, they asked why. Told them I didn't use it and they looked at my records and said, "You're right."

Getting pics to forums can be challenging, especially if it's not done often. Couple that with different procedures with the different forum software and it becomes nightmarish! This is the only forum I frequent that uses XenForo and I have to "relearn" how to post pics every time. Not hard, just my CRS creeping in on me.

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Sounds like a case of CRS (can't remember stuff.) I've had it since my 20's, so it isn't age related.

Did away with my cell phone (my kids can't understand that) because I don't need and didn't use it. When I called the carrier to cancel service, they asked why. Told them I didn't use it and they looked at my records and said, "You're right."

Getting pics to forums can be challenging, especially if it's not done often. Couple that with different procedures with the different forum software and it becomes nightmarish! This is the only forum I frequent that uses XenForo and I have to "relearn" how to post pics every time. Not hard, just my CRS creeping in on me.
I don't have and do not want a Cell Phone. While serving in the Army they stuck a Two Way Business Band type of Radio on me which was much like a Cell Phone is today. I hated that thing. Sometimes I needed to go into buildings that were also bomb shelters constructed to survive a nuclear event. Those buildings are shielded from the electromagnetic pulse that results from a nuclear blast. Needless to say my radio would not receive signals from outside those buildings and my radio would not transmit a signal through those walls. I also had to check that radio in at the guard shack before I could enter the restricted area and pick it up again on the way out. Later when the base switched to an 800Mhz Cell Phone type Communications system my new, GPS enabled Radio would simply shut off when entering the restricted area and turn on again when leaving it so I never needed to check it in and out at the gate. Whenever I was out of touch and they needed to talk to me I was bombarded with questions about where I was and what had I been doing. Once they actually sent people off base to check the local Cafe's and Restaurants to see if I was in one of them. It was worse than the intelligence training classes on torture I attended when I switched from the US Navy to the US Army. I got sick of it. Now I want nothing to do with a Cell Phone as all it would become is that same Electronic Dog Leash the Army had around my neck for years.