Slowly getting back to normal

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I think the forum is starting to be somewhat like it was. That newest upgrade bombed it bad. Glad I had data backups. The photo gallery is still broke, and the banner is still missing.The gallery dude isn't giving a timeline on the new version of Gallery that works with the forums new version. I submitted a trouble ticket on how to get our banners back.

Is anybody seeing further bugs?

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Yeah, the guy that built the gallery has not done a version for XenForo 2 yet. It was been like 1.5 years. It greatly anticipated, however he has gone dark. I may have to find another solution. Then importing all the data will be a huge challenge. Just sucks he crapped out.

I did finally get the banner to work.... Does it look ok? Do you guys see the style? Can you send me a screenshot of what you see for the homepage.

Labor of love.

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
It looks good on my Linux OS with Firefox. I like the way it switches between the original collage of pictures and the Vetter-ized advertisement. More pictures and vintage advertisements added to the list would be nice as well.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Linux! Now that's hard core.

I think I can do that Scott. It would be cool to see this forum light-up again with VOGS.

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Linux! Now that's hard core.

I think I can do that Scott. It would be cool to see this forum light-up again with VOGS.
I switched from Windows to Linux when Win-95 hit. I tried it and immediately hated it. It became near impossible to change the way it did things. Linux was hard core back then but today Linux is actually easier to use than Win-10. Most people don't realize they are using Linux when using their Android Phone and other devices because Android uses the Linux Kernel. Back when I first switched over it was difficult to find hardware and drivers that would work with Linux. Over the years that changed. Today 99% of the time when you add a new printer or attach a new camera Linux will immediately recognize it and simply start working straight out of the box. Windows still requires you load drivers from a CD provided with the new device or go online and download them. Linux can also be loaded on a boot-able drive such as a USB stick and run on anything you plug it into and boot from. Because Linux has no built-in NSA back door that hackers can also access it's immune to virus's and other hacking tools. I have never had to run anti-virus software since I started using Linux.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Totally agree, all of my web server are CentOS and I have used Mac for year, and its built on a Linux backbone. I run Kali Linux as a virtual in Parallels. Windows has way to much fluff for me, hence MacOS.