SCORE!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Vetter Discussion' started by desert_SOHC, Feb 8, 2017.

1. desert_SOHC

desert_SOHC Learning the Ropes

The Vetter saddlebag brackets for Mable are REALLY HARD to find, and I just scored a set for the price of shipping!!! The only thing is that I'm not willing to loose the 4 into 4 exhaust, that according to the Vetter instructions for my year needs to be changed to a 4 into 2 system, so we'll see if I can get them to work. That got me thinkin and so I played around with the GL1100 brackets today and I can get them to work it the factory ones can't be made to work. Either way I'm puttin the bags on her cause the ones I got are just to small and don't hold much.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can get them to clear my mufflers and even my 6'1" 225 lb butt clears them on the back. I'm going to have to make custom cross bars and trunk mounts, but I'm good with that.

2. brianinpa

brianinpa Five Star Vetteral

Looks good with a set of bags on there... Which brackets are installed in these pictures? If anything, the bags appear to be tilted a bit too much.

3. Scott-E

Scott-E Vetter Aficionado

He's missing the brace that supports the brackets at the lower rear. Once that's in place those bags will not be tilting down. I had to fabricate one to fit my brackets as well.

4. Scott-E

Scott-E Vetter Aficionado

Your bike is looking great! I had to fabricate brackets for my fairing, bags, and trunk to fit my modern Honda VLX 600.

5. brianinpa

brianinpa Five Star Vetteral

That rear lower cross piece is only going to tie the rear of the brackets together. The tilt of the bags is controlled by the forward mounting point. When I made my brackets for my 1200 GoldWing, I had to play around with several different configurations before I had the right position that looked good with the other lines of the bike and the seat.

6. desert_SOHC

desert_SOHC Learning the Ropes

Those a GW brackets, the correct ones are on there way to me in the mail. I think I will have to tilt them that way to clear my mufflers but we'll see.