johnflorida

Grasshopper
DCFC0064.jpg
DCFC0067.jpg
DCFC0069.jpg

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
What does a side shot look like? The chrome pieces on top are confusing, but it looks similar to a Bates 700A.

Fairing1.jpg

Or

T120replicas1.jpg

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. All the bullets I think were somebody's addition at one point. It's a tad bit different then the one you posted Brain, but that is super close. Perhaps a different model Bates. I did a Google image search for Bates and a few of the smaller unidentified images look just like it.

Here is a small list of misc manufactures and models I found on Dads Vintage Ads

1. Jacwal Superwedge
2. Dunwright Daytona
3. Calafia Eliminator II
4. Greater Hemispheres Roadrunner
5. Wixom Brothers
6. Vetter Windjammer III

Handlebar-Mount
7. Crown Slipstream
8. Bates Industries
9. Casler Performance Products
10. Tridair New Model
11. Pacifico System 2000
12. Wixom Ranger
13. Triple A Roadster
14. Calafia Industries Inc

Shelter_For_The_Open_Road.jpg

johnflorida

Grasshopper
Yes I think you are right a Bates 700A looks the same from the side. I remember the bullets as being in style at one time. Kind of like the christmas tree lights tailights. A friend of my dads have over 80 little lights on the rear of his electraglide. I am cleaning out my garage and didnt want to throw away a piece of history. Is this fairing of any value?

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. All the bullets I think were somebody's addition at one point. It's a tad bit different then the one you posted Brain, but that is super close. Perhaps a different model Bates. I did a Google image search for Bates and a few of the smaller unidentified images look just like it.

Here is a small list of misc manufactures and models I found on Dads Vintage Ads

1. Jacwal Superwedge
2. Dunwright Daytona
3. Calafia Eliminator II
4. Greater Hemispheres Roadrunner
5. Wixom Brothers
6. Vetter Windjammer III

Handlebar-Mount
7. Crown Slipstream
8. Bates Industries
9. Casler Performance Products
10. Tridair New Model
11. Pacifico System 2000
12. Wixom Ranger
13. Triple A Roadster
14. Calafia Industries Inc

View attachment 252

I have one of the Greater Hemispheres Roadrunners waiting in the corner of my attic to be redone an possibly put back into service. it's amazing how many things on it resemble Craig's designs.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Yes I think you are right a Bates 700A looks the same from the side. I remember the bullets as being in style at one time. Kind of like the christmas tree lights tailights. A friend of my dads have over 80 little lights on the rear of his electraglide. I am cleaning out my garage and didnt want to throw away a piece of history. Is this fairing of any value?

Hard to say if there is any real value. I see several people asking for a lot of money for fairings and then others giving them away. Who is to know for sure...

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I think it's close to the Wixom, however Tom, it to me looks more like a Bates. Also, seeing that he mentioned that the windshield said Bates in an earlier post, its possible the entire fairing is a Bates.

Funny, on the bottom where the fork holes are looks closer to the Wixom Tom is showing, but the top looks closer to the Bates that Brian is showing.

So many different fairings, especially when you get into the smaller companies.

limpy45

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I don't think it is a Wixom. I had one and it was much smoother looking than that one. Looked very much like on the Harley's. Kept the wind and rain off nicely but handling left something to be desired as do most handlebar fairings.