New Technical Forum

Larry Fine

Country flag
Agreed. A general technical/mechanical discussion forum would be good. I was a car-stereo installer back in the 8-track days, and have installed several remote-start units as well as other stuff, so I can contribute plenty on wiring.

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I can't help much here,I was a truck driver and now a grass cutter:) Have helped with up grades to my '80 XS11 so I might be able to steer you to places to get parts.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Agreed. A general technical/mechanical discussion forum would be good. I was a car-stereo installer back in the 8-track days, and have installed several remote-start units as well as other stuff, so I can contribute plenty on wiring.

Larry are you referring to the same Forum as Michael?

Larry Fine

Country flag
I don't think so. A place to discuss electrical and mechanical topics, different from a Marketplace forum.

Now, installations of such products, as well as modifications and such, would certainly fit in with the idea.

michael_pickell

Learning the Ropes
It's not vetter related. More for upgrading or fixing older bikes. Tech section would be fine. I also though we could point out venders who specialize at one thing. (vendors = market place)

Last edited:

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I have been thinking about this and the way I look at a web site is if there are too many forums I just end up staying with a few.Where I moderate we have too many and I mentioned this to the owner and cut it back some but I would still like to see it smaller for ease of people who aren't going to spend much time on a site and goes after what they wanna look for.
Just my thought and 10 cents.

michael_pickell

Learning the Ropes
Like I said earlier most of our bikes are old metric bikes. And i'm sure some of them need some work. I thought marketplace because these are products and services offered by vendors. Besides it was only a suggestion.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I like the idea Michael.

I also agree with Steppen, that we wont want a ton of forums with 2 posts each in them. Does anybody see any forums on our setup that can be eliminated or combined?

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I think we should have some kinda old metric forum since most fairings went to the older Jap bikes.
BMW here and there and only one Harley I have seen.

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
AV,it just seems that if you get a newer bike you would not want to put old styling on it.If I were to get a new bike I would just get one already set up for the road.Part of that is I don't like working on bikes like I did when I was younger.
You can get all kind of fairings thru JC Whitney.
Younger riders in their 20's and 30's want looks on their sport bikes not good ol function.
How many new bikes do you see with vetters on them? I don't.Brackets is one problem plus they aren't made any more.Just a thought or two:)

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
By that Larry,that '96 is and old bike.I met an '05 on up which would be the last ten years.Give some on the years they all look alike.The '90s I think would work fine but after that getting a welder etc...just my thoughts.