New Technical Forum

michael_pickell

Learning the Ropes
Website
www.armstrongandsons.com
I was thinking may be a new forum under market place. A lot of us have older metric bikes and are restoring them. I would like to see a forum that we can post and reference ideas and services outside the normal Vetter chatter. Like my post on Fork Gold Valve Cartridge Emulators or lifejester posted about brake calipers (truedisc.net).

Agreed. A general technical/mechanical discussion forum would be good. I was a car-stereo installer back in the 8-track days, and have installed several remote-start units as well as other stuff, so I can contribute plenty on wiring.

Website
www.fluxar.com
Website
www.fluxar.com
Agreed. A general technical/mechanical discussion forum would be good. I was a car-stereo installer back in the 8-track days, and have installed several remote-start units as well as other stuff, so I can contribute plenty on wiring.
Larry are you referring to the same Forum as Michael?

I don't think so. A place to discuss electrical and mechanical topics, different from a Marketplace forum.

Now, installations of such products, as well as modifications and such, would certainly fit in with the idea.

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Website
www.ridingacrossusa.com
I have been thinking about this and the way I look at a web site is if there are too many forums I just end up staying with a few.Where I moderate we have too many and I mentioned this to the owner and cut it back some but I would still like to see it smaller for ease of people who aren't going to spend much time on a site and goes after what they wanna look for.
Just my thought and 10 cents.

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Website
www.ridingacrossusa.com
AV,it just seems that if you get a newer bike you would not want to put old styling on it.If I were to get a new bike I would just get one already set up for the road.Part of that is I don't like working on bikes like I did when I was younger.
You can get all kind of fairings thru JC Whitney.
Younger riders in their 20's and 30's want looks on their sport bikes not good ol function.
How many new bikes do you see with vetters on them? I don't.Brackets is one problem plus they aren't made any more.Just a thought or two:)