New guy in Haverhill, Ma

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
I'm Alan from Haverhill, Mass. I picked up a CB750K8 partsbike many years ago with a WJ4 and I was sold, someday I'd put one on one of my bikes. My projects these days center around 3 CB250 Nighthawks, I'm planning to build one with a WJ5 maybe it'll lead to further streamlining on down the line.
I'm very happy to be here in such good company.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Alan. Please excuse the mess, we had a forum update that killed everything. So we are missing our theme. It should be looking pretty here in the next week.

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Alan. Please excuse the mess, we had a forum update that killed everything. So we are missing our theme. It should be looking pretty here in the next week.

A bunch of Boston area and beyond semi-locals had a forum going for about 15 years until it was destroyed late in 2017, a lot was lost, mostly just group nostalgia.
We were a pretty tight group and tried to get together at least a few times a year for burgers, beer and biketalk. After that I started up a google group but it didn't take so I started up a new forum at: http://neclassicmotoguys.freeforums.net
Everyone is welcome to drop in, the group dynamic hasn't come back yet but I'm hopeful.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Thanks so much for the link, I shall check it out. Ours is coming back to life slowly as I have time to repair. Made some good ground this weekend. We used to be lots more active then now. Steppenwolf passed away a few months ago, and that was a drag. He brought lots of life to the forum and is missed.

If you could, add an avatar for yourself. I want to make sure that part is working. haha, thanks!

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Once you start riding don''t be surprised when people stop you to ask questions about your Bike. Most Bikers today have never seen Bikes fitted with a Windjammer and don't know what it is. The WJ also changes the look of the Bike it's fitted on. I once had a guy park his Honda VLX 600, which is the same make and model of my bike, and failed to realize it was the same as his bike. He had stopped to ask what I was riding. My WJ4 along with the bags and trunk completely changed the look of it to the point he didn't recognize it was the same bike he was riding.