New from southeast PA

Oldmower

Grasshopper
Hello I received a 1995 goldwing with lots of damage and missing pieces. I put a windjammer SS on it. But not sure if I want to keep it. Bike is missing lots of plastic and I might get some canvas or vinyl and cover up as much wires as possible without spending a lot of money.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Welcome to The Forum neighbor. I don't think I've ever seen a 1500 with a Vetter before so yours would be the first.

What part of Southeast PA?

Oldmower

Grasshopper
Lancaster. I found that plastic off ebay would cost over a thousand to put it back together properly. I found that fairing in Raleigh near my dad and got it for 40 bucks.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
This gives you an idea of what is possible with wrecked bikes. If I remember right, it started as a wrecked bike too.

foxcraft.jpg

Heat guns are a wonderful thing.:D

Oldmower

Grasshopper
Have you ever taken any pa motorcycle riding classes. I'm thinking about taking BRC2 because it's been a while since I rode and this is the first big bike I have ever ridden.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
No, not in PA. I took the Motorcycle Saftey Foundation course when I was in the Navy and stationed in Norfolk, VA and then again in Brunswick, ME. It is the best course I could have taken. I have often thought about taking an advanced course, but I fear that I may have too many bad habits from years of riding. Another reason I don't take it... I can never find an empty class here in Lebanon.