New from NC

Ncscooter

Grasshopper
Hello!!! Got a 1977 Honda GL1000 a few years ago with Windjammer fairing, bags and trunk. I recently got lowers off ebay, are there highway bars/ engine guards that would fit with them? Look forward to being a member here.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Welcome to the forum. Most likely, you will need to trim the lowers to fit you engine guards.

Ncscooter

Grasshopper
Goodness, you're on every forum I'm on. Have you done this? Has anyone? Could I have an illustration? Looks like a majority of the black "liner" would have to be trimmed away. Thanks!

On another note, where did you get the rotary switch and how is it wired for your C5 ignition? Thanks again.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Well, I do get around...

For the lowers, I mounted them, traced a line and just trimmed them. The plastic cuts really easy. The black inner liner was already trimmed when I got my lowers, so I didn't need to do anything with those, but somewhere recently, someone trimmed that to fit.

My C5 switch was on the left side under the pocket cover:
455-1490617961-2ab7735f122fa2588de42bc34045108c.png

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Well, I do get around...

For the lowers, I mounted them, traced a line and just trimmed them. The plastic cuts really easy. The black inner liner was already trimmed when I got my lowers, so I didn't need to do anything with those, but somewhere recently, someone trimmed that to fit.

My C5 switch was on the left side under the pocket cover:
455-1490617961-2ab7735f122fa2588de42bc34045108c.png
Brian is everywhere, Check your local pub, he will be there to.

Welcome to the forum!!