Mystery Ship #3 Has Been Found

Craig Vetter

Vetter Founder
Mystery Ship #3 has been found. The new owner, Alan Smith will be showing it at the Japanese Motorcycle Show at Auburn, CA this weekend. I'll be there too.

Most Vetter fairings went onto Japanese bike, so you may be interested. The Quicksilver and Mystery Ship shared common features.

http://www.cjmc.org/calendar.html
Mystery #3-500.jpg

Larry Fine

Country flag
From that link: "We spoke about the Mystery Ship and how it came to be (there are only 10 of them, with a found 11, and possibly 12)."

Alan Smith

Grasshopper
Hi All, I did not know that my Mystery Ship was posted with this group. I guess I've been to busy with the Vetter streamlined motorcycle competitions.

My plan is to get Mystery Ship #3 running again. Very few people have actually heard one even run before. It was owned by the late Malcom Forbes. It has 6,900-miles on it. When it quietly came up for sale I quietly snatched it up.

Right now the carburetors are gummed up, rear brake frozen, etc.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Hi All, I did not know that my Mystery Ship was posted with this group. I guess I've been to busy with the Vetter streamlined motorcycle competitions.

My plan is to get Mystery Ship #3 running again. Very few people have actually heard one even run before. It was owned by the late Malcom Forbes. It has 6,900-miles on it. When it quietly came up for sale I quietly snatched it up.

Right now the carburetors are gummed up, rear brake frozen, etc.

A great find it was Alan! A great find.

Peyton

Grasshopper
This might sound a little weird, but I recently purchased a race bike and everything they had for it. The owner had passed away, and the family didn't know much about it. I have been going through the spares and tore down spare engines, and determining condition, what to use, what to sell, etc... well I have one engine with some unique features, that have raised some questions with some knowledgeable people. There have been a lot of clues leading us to believe this may have originally been a mystery ship engine, or atleast a Vetter engine built by Russ Collins in the same time frame as the mystery ship... I was curious to see if your bike has similar unique features, or hidden stamped serial numbers, or if anyone knows of unique engine features, or where to look for more answers. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk