Mable...A SOHC Bagger

Discussion in 'Vetter Owners Bike Showcase' started by desert_SOHC, Jan 15, 2017.

1. desert_SOHC

desert_SOHC Learning the Ropes

I got the tune up finished up and went for a buzz and got caught in the rain, sure was glad I had a fairing. She's running AWESOME, I still need to sync the carbs, but she runs better than ever now!!

Had a break in the rain so I started the mock up of the solo tour pack. I have the rear support sorted out and know where I'm going with the front one but need to pickup a stick of tube to make it. It's getting closer.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. desert_SOHC

Worked most of the day on my solo tour pack setup and am happy with the results. I will have to ride around for a week or so with it to fine tune the position. I only had 1 vinyl coated clamp the right size and need to pickup another, I had a rubber coated that I made work till I get to Lowes and grab the right clamp. After that, I guess it's time to blow it apart and clean and paint. My goal is to be able to pull the whole rear bag setup off as a unit by removing 6 bolts and 1 plug so I can go with just the fairing, or fairing and small bags.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. desert_SOHC

Yesterday I finally got time to buzz over to Ontario to get my extended brake hose made. I went steel braid with it cause I have a line on a guy who makes Teflon lined, steel braided throttle and clutch cables for anything.

[​IMG]

I've had bars for a VN750 waiting to go on but I needed a longer brake hose. Got that done today, they have an 1.5" more rise than stock and are little narrower. Riding position is better but it's still not where I want to be, so I'm still hunting for the "right" bars. With the more relaxed position now I got to move the tour pack back another 1/2 inch for a little more room. Baby steps...but steps.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2