I broke the forum

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
If we were all perfect and no one ever made a mistake, This would be a very boring world to live in.

122030489308503591_5320062fac17.png

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Still working on this. Are you guys noticing anything weird? The theme is messed up for me. I tried to upgrade to the newest version of Xenforo and it broke all kinds of things, including the home page theme.

You may have to clear your cookies and cache to see.

roncar

Looks like the update overwrote or deleted your 'style.' That or a pointer to your style got changed (deleted.) No Xenforo experience, so not sure how it works.

roncar

OK looking deeper I found I've been using [OUTDATED] Vetter Owners Group [Drift] style and noticed no difference on the forum. With cookies cleared the site reverts to Default Style . Not having used Vetter Owners Group [Drift] style before, the formatting in the header seems off. Is that what you're referencing as broke?
xenforo style.JPG

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Ok, I think its fixed. It was a huge screwup between the template and the forum. I have been working with support to resolve the issues. What a mess. I think its fixed. Please empty your cache and temp internet file and see if its back to normal.

It looks ok to me, please give me feedback follows.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I like the new forum software. It's easier to see any new posts with them all in a single column.

Can you elaborate? I am not sure what you are seeing? Maybe send me a screen shot. New post show up to me with like this, same as it has in the past.

2016-06-08_2148.png

roncar

I'm not seeing any recent change. Clear the cookies and it looks like Larry Fine's screenshot. Select a different style and it looks like AVetterXS's screenshot.
OK looking deeper I found I've been using [OUTDATED] Vetter Owners Group [Drift] style and noticed no difference on the forum. With cookies cleared the site reverts to Default Style . Not having used Vetter Owners Group [Drift] style before, the formatting in the header seems off. Is that what you're referencing as broke?View attachment 2135
I'm thinking you need to select the style you want, as the 'default'?

xenforostyledefault.JPG

Larry Fine

Country flag
Also, at the very bottom of any page in this format, in the blue band is "Default Style" which brings up a simple menu.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Ok, I did some work on it. I had the default style set as Drift Outdated and it was only loading half the site, so I put it to the default Xenforo (like Larry is seeing). I did some tweaking and set it back to Drift outdated and clear my cookies and cache and now it loads correct. Can you guys clear and load an let me know how it looks? Is it back to normal?

I am still trying to get the company that made the template to update it to work so its not "outdated"

Thanks for the input.

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I broke the forum but I did not kick the server.I am soo glad I do not understand a word you guys are saying.I like being dumb and stupid when it comes to computers.