Go Pro mounting ideas

M. Dan Schalk

Grasshopper
Country flag
Hey guys,
Finally got a go pro and am wondering what might be the best mount for riding. Helmet mount, handle bar or fabricated fairing mount etc. I have run across a link that offers several different mounts so I'm looking for suggestions.
Thanks
Dan

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
At the time, I was using a JVC version of the Go Pro and I had a mount on the helmet and on the front brake reservoir cover. The two that I liked the most were on the right side cover of the WJ and on a wind deflector that I have on my bike. The one on the wind deflector took the best videos. I have since got a Go Pro, so Now I need to change the mount on my deflector to accept the Go Pro mount instead of the JVC mount. I have also seen where the camera has been attached to the crash guards... seems to be a great angle also.

Camera Mount.jpg

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I have a handle bar mount for my GoPro on my DR650. Used zip ties and toilet paper! This was a last second rigging when touring mexico. However, when I do buy a PRO mount I will buy Ram Mounts

DR650-GoPro-Mount.jpg

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
This is a Go Pro Hero + on the engine guard using a Go Pro Handlebar/Seatpost/Pole Mount.
GRH30_newmain3.jpg

I hit quite a few bump pretty hard and you can see the front suspension working. It is amazing how smooth the picture is.

rob.lafady

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
That looks great Brian! Just what I needed, something else to put on the wish list! [emoji13]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Jesse R.

Grasshopper
I know I'm a little late. BUT, I did just join.

I have the a knock of version of the GoPro that uses the same mounts as a GoPro. And honestly, records just as smoothly. If anything it records better than my dash cam.
Anyway, I have a helmet mount were I mount it to the left side of the right side of the helmet, as well as a mount that I attached to the bottom of the windscreen. Either way I get decent video and good angles.

Jesse R.

Grasshopper
At the time, I was using a JVC version of the Go Pro and I had a mount on the helmet and on the front brake reservoir cover. The two that I liked the most were on the right side cover of the WJ and on a wind deflector that I have on my bike. The one on the wind deflector took the best videos. I have since got a Go Pro, so Now I need to change the mount on my deflector to accept the Go Pro mount instead of the JVC mount. I have also seen where the camera has been attached to the crash guards... seems to be a great angle also.

View attachment 1808
Hey, is that a shorty windshield or did you cut it yourself?

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Ok, 3 glasses of wine later, I just want
This is a Go Pro Hero + on the engine guard using a Go Pro Handlebar/Seatpost/Pole Mount.
GRH30_newmain3.jpg

I hit quite a few bump pretty hard and you can see the front suspension working. It is amazing how smooth the picture is.

Ok, 2 glasses of wine into the evening I have to admit. Brian, that video is so relaxing, 9 minutes of mellow. Thanks for that! All in all I would have to say "needs more Windjammer"! and maybe some Megadeth.. :bliss:cheers

Seth Matthews

Vetter Aficionado
I have red LED strobes above my soundbox for EMS reasons, I just took a piece of flat iron, drilled a couple holes, and mounted my gopro to it. fits well, but I haven't had a chance to test it for glare from the windshield.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Ok, 3 glasses of wine later, I just want

Ok, 2 glasses of wine into the evening I have to admit. Brian, that video is so relaxing, 9 minutes of mellow. Thanks for that! All in all I would have to say "needs more Windjammer"! and maybe some Megadeth.. :bliss:cheers

Believe it or not, usually it is Godsmack, Disturbed, or FFDP. For whatever reason I was in a differentmood that night.

BobsSuziGS

Grasshopper
Lol...can't picture "symphony of destruction" playing while just cruising.......CCR or TGW might be better for a cruise{for me-lol}